Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CD/radio seems to be playing okay but just no sound. This morning the CD/Radio played fine but it did seem like there was some distortion in it..however later in the day when I started the car there was no sound. Is there a fuse/relay I can check? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Do you have the Bose system?

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
My first guess would be the fuse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kinda new to this car...so would this be fuse inside the car

or under the hood? If in the car, would it be in the normal foot rest area as in other vehicles? Thanks so far for all the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just thought of something.....

if it were a blown fuse, wouldn't entire stereo not work? Or does "Blose" have a seperate fuse for the speakers?

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Under your driver side seat, there is a bose Amp/Sub. There should be a seperate fuse for it. I would first check under the hood. Just read the fuse box cover. If it just says "radio" check all of the ones that say radio. But it sounds like a blown fuse to the Bose amp, If you crank it up there is no sound comming out? not even cracking sounds?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the morning there was distorted sound....

like the bass was set way to high. But now thee is no sound at all. If there is it.....it's very very faint. I will check the fuses the mentioned :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Samzies

my ml is doing the same thing right now, i have a subwoofer and everytime a heavy bass drop comes it does this. There's a lot of distortion coming through my speakers i've noticed and i think the system shuts down to prevent one of the speakers to blow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts