Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 s 430
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the cost and name of parts needed to fix the command system audio? no sound from radio, cd, navigation. mine is out of warranty and i hate dealing with the dealerships.

·
Registered
43 Posts
sound

I had the same problems. What you need to do is pull the fuse for the unit itself. It should be located behind the right side of the front passenger side seat. They told me it might be your telephone unit that is overlapping the fiberoptic cable causing the malfunction on the sound. Let me know if this helps.[8D]

·
Registered
'83 300SD Turbo
77 Posts
Pull the fuse for at least 30 seconds with the key and Command unit off. Reinstall the fus...

Pull the fuse for at least 30 seconds with the key and Command unit off. Reinstall the fuse then start the car and power ON the Command. If it does not work, you may have a bad Command unit or simply need a software update.

·
Registered
2000 s 430
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fuse box

the fuse box is in the rear passanger side floor. where the light is under the seat. just prey it off with a screwdriver.

·
Registered
S430
7 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2000 s430 with the Navigation system not reading the CD's ...

I had a similar problem with my 2000 s430 with the Navigation system not reading the CD's the dealershi i took it to said that since it is audio related my Starmark warrantly would not cover it. My factory warranty had expired on it so my last chance was Starmark and since Starmark wouldn't cover it because it was audio related the dearlershiup said it would cost $2,000.00 to replace the command center. Now I didn't pay to have it fixed; I figured I wouldn't use it that much anyway but I read through this forum that if you have an older S430, which I do, you just need NAV CD's that were put out in 1999 or 2000. My delaer provided me with My region's NAV CD for 11/99 and it works fine - I'm willing to live with that as oppose to forking out 2 grand for somethin I wouldn't use that much. In your case I don't think getting older CD will help but if it were me and I had no audio at all I'd go ahead and have it done at least as an added benefit your NAV system will be more up to date and be able to read the new CD's. I'd probably do it but I'd probably wait until the IRS gives me my annual refund Javascript:AddText('[;)]');

·
Registered
28 Posts
Depends on what is on the fiber ring if you have telephone cd changer etc etc. The fiber ring (D2B) goes like this from Comand to Cd to Amplafier to Tele to laugtronic (SBS voice control). Firstly you dissconect D2b at cd and have someone turn on the Comand thi sends out a wakeup signal and you should see it blink red. if it blinks red the comand is sending signal and is okay. You go to next Amp and start comand and see if it blinks if it does it means that sinal is good from comand and cd.You go to next coponet tele and do the same thing. You can even take out the 2 leads and hold them together and see if you get sound ( there is a original d2b joiner you can buy from dealer not sure on part no but I know that in the d2b fibre for fittng cd changer to a C class 203 there is one in it not to expensive). Standard problem is telephone control unit (interfacer) under back seat on right. Nav problem well thats another story
You can also have a problem with wake upthat is also another story

1 - 9 of 9 Posts