Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
01 ML320 & 06 CLS500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently my s500 has decided to stop playing any form of music, radio, cd changer, all displays are functional. Sometimes the sound returns spontaneously, it has seemed to start disappearing with increasing frequency though. Just wondering if anyone has experieced anything similar or has any ideas on how to combat this problem. I have attached a pic of the car to this message also. The car is otherwise a joy to own and drive. you can even see the ML, yes we are a MB family now. THe car is a replacement for a 98 bmw 740. Thanks in advance for any responses. Dogra.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 S500
8 Posts
I have had the same problem.

Usually turning it off (with the PWR button) and turning i...

I have had the same problem.

Usually turning it off (with the PWR button) and turning it back on usually does the trick.

If it doe not and has less that 50k miles on it, it is still under warranty. Take to your local dealer and they should fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
2000 MB S500
3 Posts
No sound -- Anyone else with this problem?

We have had this same problem twice in my wife's 2000 S500 in the last year. The Command screen lights ups and says it is tuned to a radio station, but no sound will come pout ofthe speakers. It says it has no cd changerm when there is one. The phone will not work, and the NAV also does not work.

The dealer told me last week that the problem is in the Command system, and that they stock lots of Command system modules to replace the ones that go bad. It seems to me that there must be a manuafactuarer problem that Mercedes knows about and has not fixed.

I would like to know how many of you have had this same problem. Please email me your stories at:

[email protected]

·
BenzWorld Detailing Guru
713 Posts
We went through this with our S-Class. they ended up replacing the comand unit. It started...

We went through this with our S-Class. they ended up replacing the comand unit. It started happening infrequntly at first, and removing the battery cable would fix it when all else failed, but it started increasing in frequency. Replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No sound

You should be able to get your dealer to update the COMMAND system software. The updated software addresses this problem. Might also have D2B fiber optic issues (nicks/kinks/tight bends).

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
I don't have the comand, but the APS30. This problem (no sound) happened to me sevral time...

I don't have the comand, but the APS30. This problem (no sound) happened to me sevral times on the inbuilt GSM phone, but today for the first time I had no sound from the CD/Radio. Had to turn it on/off several times then the sound came back.

·
Registered
'83 300SD Turbo
77 Posts
A temporary fix that usualy works until you can visit your dealer. with the key off and CO...

A temporary fix that usualy works until you can visit your dealer. with the key off and COMMAND off, go to the right rear seat. Under the seat is a light that shines on the floor. Pull that light out. There is a fuse panel behind it. Not sure of the fuse number but it is the only 7.5 amp fuse there. Pull that fuse for 30-45 seconds then reinstall it. Turn the key on and press PWR on. It should work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts