Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Mercedes e350, 09 Mercedes GL450, 95 BMW 325IC, 89 Mercedes 260E, 84 Euro Mercedes 300D 4spd
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what i notice ,

my car don't have rear turn signals,

no reverse lights no trunk lights, but i do have rear park lights on all the time even when i turn the light switch off when car is running,

a while ago i had no lights on my w210 and it was light control module, and if i'm not mistaking it was under rear seat,
and buy the way where is that light control module located and what it looks like in 00 S500?

·
Registered
1997 E420 & E320
83 Posts
I would start by eliminating the simple things first. You might have a bad bulb, check all your bulbs and fuses. I have seen a C230 have a similar issue when a single filament bulb was installed where a double filament bulb was supposed to be. It seems like those lights that come on permanently while you car is driving are emergency lights that kick on when your lights are not working correctly, but the fact that your reverse lights do not work either points to a bigger problem. I can not help you with the location of that module as I do not know where it is located.

good luck.

·
Registered
10 Mercedes e350, 09 Mercedes GL450, 95 BMW 325IC, 89 Mercedes 260E, 84 Euro Mercedes 300D 4spd
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would start by eliminating the simple things first. You might have a bad bulb, check all your bulbs and fuses. I have seen a C230 have a similar issue when a single filament bulb was installed where a double filament bulb was supposed to be. It seems like those lights that come on permanently while you car is driving are emergency lights that kick on when your lights are not working correctly, but the fact that your reverse lights do not work either points to a bigger problem. I can not help you with the location of that module as I do not know where it is located.

good luck.
bulbs are good i checked few, plus it can't go out all at the same time,

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I"m sure problem not with the light bulbs,
I checked most of the light bulbs,
Because when I turn eather side turn signal there is no error massage on the instrument cluster,
So I need to find location of the light module,
I"m 99% sure that us where the problem is,

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,951 Posts
What you are calling a "light module" is the rear Signal Acquisition Module (SAM). It is located under the back seat, passenger side. The fuse panel for it is behind the courtesy light below the passenger side rear seat. You do not need to remove the seat to check fuses, which should be your first step.

If you cannot find your fuse diagram (usually located somewhere in the tool set in the spare tire well - often wrapped around a screwdriver blade) there are diagrams for many of the W220s in the W200 S-Class Encyclopedia sticky at the top of the forum.

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes-Benz S500, 1982 300SD, and about 4 other parts cars in rubbermaid bins in the garage
306 Posts
What you are calling a "light module" is the rear Signal Acquisition Module (SAM). It is located under the back seat, passenger side. The fuse panel for it is behind the courtesy light below the passenger side rear seat. You do not need to remove the seat to check fuses, which should be your first step.

If you cannot find your fuse diagram (usually located somewhere in the tool set in the spare tire well - often wrapped around a screwdriver blade) there are diagrams for many of the W220s in the W200 S-Class Encyclopedia sticky at the top of the forum.
+1

Blown fuse or toast.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys i faund it,
will buy a new one tmorrow, will let you know how it goes,

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh my God, i did something very stupid to my car!

i forgot to disconnect battery as i was removing old SEM unit

with a side of it i touched the body of the car and saw a little spark, from the right side, after which i went and disconnected the battery

after installing new unit car wont start ( but cranks), no interior lights, no radio, cant open or lock the car from the key checked all the fuses and looks fine, what did i do ?

:crybaby2:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In one word I think I lost power to SEM,

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as always i will ask the question and at the end i will answer my self,

reason for my turns signal, reveres lights, rear sun shade,and fuel gauge not to work is simple bad SEM unit,

as far as after even more stuff not working after making a electrical shortage, reason was in the trunk behind the carpet cover

located on the passenger rear wheel arch some kind of electrical fuse part number 000 540 19 50 it is black and about 7x7 cm

after replacing this electrical unit every problem disappeared

thank you and happy motoring

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
oh my God, i did something very stupid to my car!

i forgot to disconnect battery as i was removing old SEM unit

with a side of it i touched the body of the car and saw a little spark, from the right side, after which i went and disconnected the battery

after installing new unit car wont start ( but cranks), no interior lights, no radio, cant open or lock the car from the key checked all the fuses and looks fine, what did i do ?

:crybaby2:
I did the same thing. It turns out there is a 100 amp fuse hidden in the trunk behind the trunk liner, bolted to the rear wheel well right by the battery. It was about $50, and took 5 minutes to replace (not including the hassle of removing the trunk liner). It is about 4" x 4" and has a direct line to the red battery terminal. To test it, check for battery voltage out, at the large red connector that looks like the one you shorted at the S.A.M. if there's no voltage, it is blown. Good luck!

·
W220 Moderator
6,349 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

Errrrm ............. This Thread was resolved in 2010 ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts