Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing front and rear pads and rotors on my 2005 C230 kompressor and was surprised to see there is no pad wear sensor on either rear caliper (I thought there would be one on one side like on the front). I have owned car since new and this is the first time I've replaced rear pads on it, so it apparently came from factory without any rear pad sensor? Kind of odd but I did some searches and some other people said the same thing.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Is the wiring harness where it connects missing, too?

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan
81 Posts
Just did my brakes as well. No rear sensor or wiring harness for the rear. Only one brake sensor on whole car on the front passenger caliper, hooks to the inside brake pad.

The Aekebono Euro Ceramics came with two sensors with the front pads, and none in the box for the rears, so I still have an extra sensor left over.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right, no harness in the rear either. I did a search earlier and another person said there were some years (2005 included) which had no sensor on either side in the rear.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Yep, probably cutting costs. I remember on the W163 ML, brake pads would wear very unevenly among wheels and even inner/ vs. outer on the same wheel. And it seemed like it was never the same pad locations that would wear faster. The break wear sensors were pretty much like playing roulette with about the same odds. Not once in almost 100K miles did a wear sensor let me know my brakes needed service, yet I replaced pads three times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts