Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was leaving the house and realized that the car was chirping. Its a constant beep coming from a space near the rear drivers side compartment of the hood near the fuse box. None of our keys are working to lock/unlock car and I used the valet key to open the door but no power in cluster, nor ignition.

It's cold today but it's been colder. No real issues with the car other than this. I have checked all fuses, still nothing. It's been doing this for hours. Please help!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I was leaving the house and realized that the car was chirping. Its a constant beep coming from a space near the rear drivers side compartment of the hood near the fuse box. None of our keys are working to lock/unlock car and I used the valet key to open the door but no power in cluster, nor ignition.

It's cold today but it's been colder. No real issues with the car other than this. I have checked all fuses, still nothing. It's been doing this for hours. Please help!
Did you have any messages before this happened? Did you check your battery in the truck? Put a voltmeter on it and see if you read close to 12 volts.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No messages, no issues, no warning what so ever. Drove car about 24hrs prior with no problems. I do not have a volt meter but I will go get one in the morning. I've never look for the auxilary battery so where exactly is it located in a 2003 E500 Sport?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Resolved

Turns out something set the panic mode off and the chirping sound was the panic alarm as the battery was dying. It had to be going for over twelves hours.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Turns out something set the panic mode off and the chirping sound was the panic alarm as the battery was dying. It had to be going for over twelves hours.
Glad to hear.
The Aux battery is under a plastic cover in the engine compartment by the firewall/passenger side, its main purpose is to back up the main battery in the trunk for your electronic brake system (SBC)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts