Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S550 4Matic
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been all over the bottom of this engine and I cannot find an oil drain plug. I've seen videos of the oil plug in various locations on this engine, but I don't appear to have one. There is a large black metal cover held in place with several reverse-Torx bolts but I'm not taking this off at the moment.

There are also no obvious oily bits under the engine which are usually around the oil drain plug.

Do I have to suck the oil out of this engine?

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
2,508 Posts
There should be a drain plug somewhere ,,any chance of posting a photo of the sump ?
From memory it faces the left side of the car ,,drivers side USA.

·
Registered
2007 S550 4Matic
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is about the 50th time I've change oil in a car and they all have had drain plugs that are easy to find. My Porsche has four of them and none are hidden. I've looked and felt all over around the sump area and cannot find anything like a drain plug.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
2,508 Posts
I can tell you I have changed the oil on my friend's 2006 CLK350 several times and there was a drain bolt which I accessed from the left side of the underside engine.
But who knows , maybe your car is different ? But I can't imagine why .
Thanks for the photos but if that circled thing is not it , then it beats me.

·
Registered
2006 E-350 4matic M272 W211
136 Posts
Did you actually get under vehicle and visually inspect pan? The OEM part for 2007 CLK350 looks just like your pic and the drain plug is indeed located where I circled on picture above. It's on the side of the pan on vertical plane not on the bottom. Hope this helps...

Product Font Motor vehicle Screenshot Auto part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts