Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1983 240D
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow MB Diesel enthusiasts
The driver door window on my 1983 240D has come off the track and will not roll up (I have manual, non-electric windows.) Is taking apart the door and fixing this a feasable D.I.Y thing? Does anyone have any experience with this? Any insight is greatly appreciated [:)]

·
Registered
82 240d
18 Posts
no more window

yeah I had to replace mine A few months ago,on my 82 240 drivers,I also have manual windows.Its pretty easy glad there manual,just make sure to look at every thing before you take it apart.getting the door panel on and off was harder than anything else.I think you might have to get new glass for it I did on mine cant remember why,but the awesome thing was the local benz dealer had the regulators in stock.twenty year old car and their still stocking parts, amazing! and it was about the same price as mail order catalogs. good luck happy cranking!

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
The upholstery will come off and you can see inside the door. I have had a screw come off ...

The upholstery will come off and you can see inside the door. I have had a screw come off the outside door handle on my 83 300D Euro(manual windows). 15 year old son took it apart found the screw inside and put it back on. The first time is the most tedious. After that it goes faster and easier.

The key is taking the upholstery off, then it should be intuitive what is wrong. IF it needs parts and cannot be lubed, JB welded etc. Pick and pulls often have manual window 123's. May take visits to more then one yard to find an example.

The factory has clear plastic sheets that are missing and or often tear between upholstery and door. Any plastic sheeting could be pressed into service.

Some jobs I will "practice" at the pick and pull, this one should be staight forward. We have done 3 others window jobs on 201's and 124's. The 123's pop straight out while the 201's and 124's have plastic hooks and have to be lifted up.
John Gregg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.