Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560SEC
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the other night I was driving home and pressed the defrost button. Nothing, no air no heat nothing, I then tried pushing the other air , a/c buttons. Nothing. What gives? Please help, did i run out of something. How much does it cost to get something like that fixed. Is that a bad sign that my car is going down. Please help. thanks

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
Check your fuses, blower motor, and push button unit.
-Joe

·
Registered
560SEC
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One question where is the blower motor. The fuse is located on the top right corner in the engine right? Should I replace all or is there a certain one I can replace. Where can I find mercedes fuses at. Pep boys, etc.... thanks

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
Here ya go, it may say 107, 116, and 123 fuse upgrade kit, but the 126 uses the same fuses as those models. You're going to want to replace all of the fuses if you have those old aluminum ones in there. I think the blower motor is under the glovebox, accessible by removing the footwell cover on the passenger's side. Here's the link to the fuses.
http://www.mercedessource.com/store/item.php?item=107, 116, and 123 Fuse Kit Upgrade

·
Registered
560SEC
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay the fuses are fine. The tech at the auto store said it's then the blower motor. He said it can be the inline fuse, the motor or something else. These parts are expensive he said the fuse is around 500 dollars. Does anybody have step by step instructions for me to follow this procedure. Please help. thanks

·
190E, SLK350
67,100 Posts
Here is a link to a thread where I posted some picture of where the inline fuse for the blower is. The fuse is less than $5.00 (five).
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1186107&posts=4&fid=12

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
WOAH. 5$??!? I sell those for less the a buck....

Jonathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts