Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what I'm doing wrong....

As title says, "No Memory Card" - 2GB SD in PCMCIA with 80 Napster MP3s

It's not a cheapie PCMCIA.. it's Panasonic. Any ideas?

·
Registered
'15 C400, Formerly '11 C350 - Formerly '08 C300
137 Posts
I don't know what I'm doing wrong....

As title says, "No Memory Card" - 2GB SD in PCMCIA with 80 Napster MP3s

It's not a cheapie PCMCIA.. it's Panasonic. Any ideas?
Is the card formatted to FAT and not NTFS? (It probably needs to be FAT, I haven't tried it with NTFS)

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport AMG 18" Type V Wheels and Bodykit Package - Video In Motion Mod!!
154 Posts
Check the bitrate..any thing more than 192kbps won't work. Make SURE they are MP3...mp4 and other stuff won't work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some 128, some 256...

But I think it's something wrong with the car. With the SD card fully put in the PCMCIA, and the PCMCIA fully inserted in the dash to the point where it's flush, the car still says "no memory card."

Even if the SD was formatted wrong or if there are incompatible MP3's there, the car still should at least acknowledge something was put in the dashboard. Am I right?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Some 128, some 256...

But I think it's something wrong with the car. With the SD card fully put in the PCMCIA, and the PCMCIA fully inserted in the dash to the point where it's flush, the car still says "no memory card."

Even if the SD was formatted wrong or if there are incompatible MP3's there, the car still should at least acknowledge something was put in the dashboard. Am I right?
Type 1 2 GB cards? FAT. PCMCIA reader, not express? Remove the 256 bit rate files. (Don't know if it will play variable bit rate either). Try a file that isn't a napster file. If that doesn't work, buy an inexpensive type 1 card and see if it works - then you will have eliminated the car as the problem.

·
Registered
C300 Sport 4MATIC (2008)
3 Posts
Check the bitrate..any thing more than 192kbps won't work. Make SURE they are MP3...mp4 and other stuff won't work.
Really?? :mad: Why would they prevent anything higher than 192kbps? Does this also apply to mp3s played on cd? I'm incredibly disappointed if this is the case.

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport AMG 18" Type V Wheels and Bodykit Package - Video In Motion Mod!!
154 Posts
Really?? :mad: Why would they prevent anything higher than 192kbps? Does this also apply to mp3s played on cd? I'm incredibly disappointed if this is the case.
All I know is that I had some GREAT stuff encoded at 320kpbs..and the car wouldn't even recognize the folder! I downsampled to 256kpbs and it still wouldn't play. I converted them all to 192kpbs..and they worked fine.

Others may report different results...but that was frustrating for me.

However..the COMAND system WILL play DVD Audio, and I purchased some 5.1 DTS Audio DVD's. They sound AWESOME!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Type 1 2 GB cards? FAT. PCMCIA reader, not express? Remove the 256 bit rate files. (Don't know if it will play variable bit rate either). Try a file that isn't a napster file. If that doesn't work, buy an inexpensive type 1 card and see if it works - then you will have eliminated the car as the problem.
It's PCMCIA, not Express, and none are above 192 bit rate.

Even took out Napster files and used the "free" MP3's.

And the SD card is 2GB.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have had DVDs that come up as unreadable, after they have played previously. Could be a long shot, but maybe the system tries to read the master file table on the SD card, can't and then tells you the card is not found? In that case, I would try to reformat and then just try a couple files to see if they work. Also, I found I had to format and setup my card on Vista, only because my XP operating system reported 2 GB cards as 1 GB... which leads me to the question - does anyone know if the cards are readable off a Mac?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did not add any folders...

And I tried both NTFS and FAT...

And with regular MP3 files not off of Napster...

I think it's broken. I am getting it checked Monday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts