Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SL320
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a '95 SL320 and have been searching for a light source in the trunk without success. Is there really nothing to illuminate the trunk at night, or am I just not finding the location of the burnt out bulb? Seems odd that they wouldn't think to put a light in there. Thoughts, anyone?

·
Registered
92 300E
78 Posts
Look in the owners manual. I was reading through the one for my Sl500 and it references...

Look in the owners manual. I was reading through the one for my Sl500 and it references a procedure for disabling the trunk light if you are keeping it open for exteneded periods of time. The one in my SL500 is on the back section by the latch, btw. You bulb is probably just burned out or something.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No Light in Trunk

Have had my 92 300SL for about 8 weeks, and until I read your note, didn't realize there was a trunk light;-(. Found in my car, directly below the trunk latch a white slide switch that lets me turn the trunk light on and off. It looks like, though, that there should be some sort of little slider which mates with the white switch. Kind of inelegant sticking your finger in a hole to slide a switch back and forth.

I can't find any kind of on off switch tied to the trunk lid, so I keep turning the light off by its switch. Don't want to shut the trunk thinking the light's off, and find later with a dead battery that it wasn't.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
SL60
46 Posts
it's no biggie. If you switch the trunk light on and then close the trunk, the locking m...

it's no biggie. If you switch the trunk light on and then close the trunk, the locking mechanism latch actually pushes the trunk light to the off position. Just try it out. Turn on the light switch, close the trunk then pop it open again, and the light should be off when you pop the trunk until you switch it back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts