Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I bought an S430 couple days ago, and the guy who delivered the car locked the keys in the trunk:mad:
....also the battery is dead:mad: ...so now i don't know what to do.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO OPEN THE TRUNK OR SOME OTHER WAY TO GET IN THERE?????

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi, if you open up the hood , do you see a cover with a plus sign on it ?
check you owners manual and see how to jump start your car, then you will have full power., to open trunk.

cj

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
umm, i don't see any cover with plus sign on it, can you tell what side it is on???
Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ummm, i have a laptop, but i don't have the software and don't know how to operate it!!!
...but if you guys would help me find to battery terminals under the hood to start my car, i would be greatful!!!!:)

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...found the terminals and still can't open the trunk, it seems there is no vaccum or enough pressure!!! HELP PLEASE!!!:(

·
Registered
2009 BMW Z4, 2005 SLK 200, 2004 S 280
1,950 Posts
Are you totally locked out of the car?

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i can get into the car, except for the trunk, where the key is:mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi vovpor, If you if you pull down the armrest in the rear seat, does the middle between the seat and the trunk a soft piece of leather?
If it is, maybe you can punture a small hole to see if it goes through.
then you can find your key.

cj

·
Registered
2000 S 500 2002 E320 1991 300E
107 Posts
cjawahir said:
hi vovpor, If you if you pull down the armrest in the rear seat, does the middle between the seat and the trunk a soft piece of leather?
If it is, maybe you can punture a small hole to see if it goes through.
then you can find your key.

cj
NO WAY ... What about the fuel tank.

·
Registered
2000 S 500 2002 E320 1991 300E
107 Posts
Obviously the trunk is locked with mechanical key and you can not unlock it with remote or trunk switch on driver door even if you have good battery voltage.
See your dealer, take your car registration and your ID they will duplicate mechanical key for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Johnny7623

I have had this problem with another 220 chassis. The only was I was able to get
into this car is to break the rear trunk plastic panel that the license plate is screwed into. Remove the license plate and then the big plastic piece that the licen
se plate is bolted to will come off the trunk. This should only be used as a last resort as you will probably be buying a new plastic piece. When this piece is removed you can acces the rod that goes from the trunk latch to the vacuum solenoid near the upper portion of the trunk. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok , i will let you guys know what happens

·
Registered
386 Posts
Have you tried phoning Mobilo life either for advice or assisitance. I have always found them terrific.

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i will order the new key from the dealer over the next couple days!!

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,206 Posts
It may be more expensive than the key - and I don't know if you can complete the setup without accessing the inside of your car - but Tele-Aid may be able to unlock it for you if you call them and start a subscription. There is some paperwork to do through your authorized dealer to start the process.

·
Registered
2004 Merz S430
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yep, thats what i will order, just the mechanical key

1 - 20 of 26 Posts