Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am desperately needing a key for my ML320. I contacted the mercedes dealer and tried to order a valet key but was told that there is none available worldwide. I asked about the fob key and was told the same. Apparently there has been no keys available since January 2019. I did mention that he can not see American stock levels. Does anyone know if any American Mercedes dealers still have the valet key available? I am moving 3500km away and can not even have the car transported on a truck unless it's able to be started. I tried to start the car when the battery was half flat and assuming the DAS threw the key code, hence needing a new key.

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
4,914 Posts
Valet keys are still available at the dealer, Have you tried re syncing you key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
1,532 Posts
I am desperately needing a key for my ML320. I contacted the mercedes dealer and tried to order a valet key but was told that there is none available worldwide. I
You have posted this question twice once here as a new topic and once here .
EDIT all references are to valet keys only!

The answer is the same Dealers do not stock keys. in the us they are ordered from MB and programed by MB. I was told they come from Texas to the dealer.

Try calling another dealer in your county to confirm availability and if the first dealer was correct or just did not for what ever reason want to deal with it.

To order one you must show proof of ownership, also best to have the car with you when you pick them up so you know they work right away.
I ordered 2 in 2019 no issuess, showed up in three days.

Now maybe due to covid the office that programs them is temporary closed?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
You have posted this question twice once here as a new topic and once here .

The answer is the same Dealers do not stock keys. in the us they are ordered from MB and programed by MB. I was told they come from Texas to the dealer.

Try calling another dealer in your county to confirm availability and if the first dealer was correct or just did not for what ever reason want to deal with it.

To order one you must show proof of ownership, also best to have the car with you when you pick them up so you know they work right away.
I ordered 2 in 2019 no issuess, showed up in three days.

Now maybe due to covid the office that programs them is temporary closed?
wallyo,

I presume you are referring only to valet keys and NOT replacement w163 keyfobs with the blade key? :)
oem keyfobs from MB stealerships, have been NLA for some time.

Maybe covid will resurrect them from the dead.

EDIT: my bad, OP is looking for valet keys. misread his topic of discussion

·
Registered
2000 ML320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Valet keys are still available at the dealer, Have you tried re syncing you key.

I tried to resynchronize it but no good. Dealer in Darwin told me yesterday afternoon that valet keys are not available worldwide

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I tried to resynchronize it but no good. Dealer in Darwin told me yesterday afternoon that valet keys are not available worldwide
please post his email address here or contact info.
I'd like to try some of the same medication he's prescribed on.

·
Registered
2001 ML320 LHD
713 Posts
Tease that dealer, he may be intending to get your car for very cheap or for free.

Valet keys are still being made.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Better yet, have him send you an email confirming this information. Once received, send it off to MB HO, in your country. :)
Have fun with it.

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
4,914 Posts
That freezing cold day of 25c you guys had might of affected his thought process. Is there more than one dealer in Darwin?
You might have to organise one from Cairns to be sent to your dealer as you need proof of ownership to get a new key. I’m not sure where your closest dealer is other than that. That’s a 3 day return trip for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts