Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes benz e220 2004
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hello I m new on this site, i was a member of a different Mercedes Site but you guys seem to go the sort of things i like to do to my car so i Joined

My problem is i am in the UK and its freezing, i have a e220 and my heating has stopped working, its cold cold cold air makes the change of noise like its going to warm me up but cold air, i have messed on with the dials for my full 8 hour shift tonight but still no heat, its booked into mercedes on monday but that means i have a chilly night tomorrow also, anyone got any ideas or had this problem?

tHANKS Guys

Chris

·
Registered
176 Posts
chrisy555 said:
:My problem is i am in the UK and its freezing, i have a e220 and my heating has stopped working, its cold cold cold air makes the change of noise like its going to warm me up but cold air, i have messed on with the dials for my full 8 hour shift tonight but still no heat
We had a simlar problem. Got dreadfully cold. Turned out we had pushed the wrong buttons.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI, 2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2009 GL320 Bluetec
1,476 Posts
Failed thermostat...?

"Fail operational" rather than risk overheating the engine.

DB

·
Registered
E240
360 Posts
Hmmm I had that same problem to a few months back. I'm from Melbourne and it can get dreafully cold. Anyway I was told by my dealer that they couldn't see anything wrong w/ it. So far though, everything's been a-ok. I'd wait to see what your dealer would find and then take it from there.

·
Registered
E500
708 Posts
I had the same problem and it was the water control valve that allowed hot water from the engine to enter the heater core in the dash. The valve failed closed and it was cold :eek: in the car. Dealer replaced under warranty. Check the small 1" or 2.54 cm approximate size hoses from the engine to the fire wall and you should find the valve. Best of luck. Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts