Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD Turbo; 1985 300CD Turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month ago, my water pump on my '84 300SDT went and since there has been NO heat coming out of the vents.

That's right, cold air only on ALL settings.

Any idea what this might be? It is getting COLD in PA, and I need to fix this immediately.

Warmly,
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Check the usual suspects. Make sure there is no air bubble in the engine (not likely if you drove it), check that the monovalve is retracting, if in doubt replace it, then unplug it - it can't stop the coolant without power. Check that the aux water pump is working.
BTW SDT?

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD Turbo; 1985 300CD Turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the usual suspects. Make sure there is no air bubble in the engine (not likely if you drove it), check that the monovalve is retracting, if in doubt replace it, then unplug it - it can't stop the coolant without power. Check that the aux water pump is working.
BTW SDT?
NO air bubbles for sure.

Where is the auxilary water pump and mono valve? Never new there was an aux. pump!

Also, YES, '84 300SD Turbo:)

[email protected]

·
Registered
1985 Mercedes 380SE Metallic Navy Blue
457 Posts
Order online a monovalve repair kit (solenoid) about 25.00 and install. Next to battery is a small plate with 4 screws. Remove plate, lift out old solenoid, put new in, (keep washers same order), put plate back on, and you should have heat. You need a screwdriver. Takes 10 minutes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Order online a monovalve repair kit (solenoid) about 25.00 and install. Next to battery is a small plate with 4 screws. Remove plate, lift out old solenoid, put new in, (keep washers same order), put plate back on, and you should have heat. You need a screwdriver. Takes 10 minutes.
Where did you find the kit for $25.00? I only could find one for around $45.00.

Thanks

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts