Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found out the other day that while I have the car running and if I make an attempt to turn on the heater or ac my car shuts off. I suspect the belt on the pulley is too tight. Has anybody else had this problem before? Please help me out I live in the northwest and we've been getting foggy mornings.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
So I found out the other day that while I have the car running and if I make an attempt to turn on the heater or ac my car shuts off. I suspect the belt on the pulley is too tight. Has anybody else had this problem before? Please help me out I live in the northwest and we've been getting foggy mornings.
If the engine come to sudden stop when you turn it on unplug your A/C compressor clutch. The pump is locked up. If it comes to a slow stop you need further diagnosis.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think you could post up a picture to the location of the air compressor or some directions to its location the car is still new to me

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Do you think you could post up a picture to the location of the air compressor or some directions to its location the car is still new to me
The accessory belt drives it. You have to look down on the belt line, you will see it down there. Once you locate it, there will be two wire attached to the clutch area on the front of it, unplug them.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts