Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 ML350 with ~100K miles.

Recently the heated seat function on the driver side stopped working. :( The passenger side works fine. I have searched here and tried all the easy suggestions. No heat on the driver side, not in the seat or the lumbar, not in the low setting or high setting. Switches on the panel appear to work the same on both driver and passenger side. One light on for low two for high. All the fuses are good, I checked visually and with a DMM. I can hear a relay click under the seat when cycling the switch. No loose wires or unconnected plugs under the seat. No burn marks on the leather anywhere.

:surrender: I am at a loss. Any ideas?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, for the link Witek_M. I will check the resistance of both heating elements. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/w163-m-class/340948d1289133307-heated-seat-problem-seat_heating.pdf

My problem is a little different from that in the link. Both heaters, seat and seat back, stopped working at the same time. I would think it unlikley that both elements went bad at the same time. Who knows though, with my luck both heaters in both seats could go bad within milliseconds of eachother.:big laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts