Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not another dreaded servo issue because I replaced the original with the rebuilt aluminum body type a few years ago and has been working fine.

I recently filled with coolant cause system was low after sitting for a couple of weeks. Now I get no heat, not even on defrost setting. The recirc pump is working and the tubing to the heater core is warm to the touch but not as hot as it should be. All I get out of the vents is cool air at all settings.

Any ideas?

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2024 SL770
48,110 Posts
Can you hear the servo opening/closing when you change settings?

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,750 Posts
Usually the monovalve is what fails in these. Kits are about $50 to fix them.

Do a search on the forum for more information.
Please don't post when you don't have a clue. A servo-equipped car by its very definition doesn't have a monovalve.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2024 SL770
48,110 Posts
I did hear it the other day. I left the system on in Auto Low. When I went to start the engine with the key in the ACC position I heard the servo.....
You need to listen for it opening and closing while someone else operates the push button unit. The servo is the most likely culprit here, and the average life expectancy of an aluminum body rebuild is about three years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.