Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Utah legislature just changed the law so no longer does one need to put on a front plate. However, when I remove the plate and the bracket that holds it in place, what do I do with the temperature sensor? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Here in PA we don't need front license plates either, but the bolt holes indent for the license plate are still there on the front bumper.

The temp sensor can be mounted on the bumper fins.

Jack Middlebrook's car had the front bumper filled in and smoothed out. Looks great, but requires a bit of work.

I just put the MB plate up front to cover the holes and indent.

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Mine is located just behind the MB star stainless steel front plate, but not in the factory location. I could take off the star plate and no one would be able to see the temp sensor. It's in-between two slats on the lower part of the bumper. It's gets a really accurate reading there. I wish more states would change the stupid law about the front plate! This is the first state that I've heard of in a long time that has revised their law. Did some group start lobbying to make the change?

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
Mine is located just behind the MB star stainless steel front plate, but not in the factory location. I could take off the star plate and no one would be able to see the temp sensor. It's in-between two slats on the lower part of the bumper. It's gets a really accurate reading there. I wish more states would change the stupid law about the front plate! This is the first state that I've heard of in a long time that has revised their law. Did some group start lobbying to make the change?

Most Police departments and red light camera companies love the front plate law, guess why.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frankly I don't know what started it but to be completely accurate the law was changed in that the Man can't pull you over for not having a front plate but can cite you for not having one if they pull you over for speeding, etc. and add it as an additional fine. I'm willing to take the risk if I can figure out a way to make the front look better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts