Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange... Windows have express open and close feature but sunfoof only has express open... checked owners manual which more than intimated express close as well. spoke to dealer.... said not on the E series, the S has it. Anyone see the logic in this?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bob,<p>I asked my dealer the same question. His response was that MB left out the express close option due to safety. That way, if a person is sticking their hands or head out the sunroof, the express close would not hurt them. But if the S class has the express close feature, then it is beyond me why they left it out of the E classes.<p>Ryan<br>'01 E55<br>Silver w/ gray/charcoal<br>Parktronic, COMAND, voice act. phone/CD, climate seats

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess MB doesn't mind if....

: Bob,<p>I asked my dealer the same question. His response was that MB left out the express close option due to safety. That way, if a person is sticking their hands or head out the sunroof, the express close would not hurt them. But if the S class has the express close feature, then it is beyond me why they left it out of the E classes.<p>Ryan<br>'01 E55<br>Silver w/ gray/charcoal<br>Parktronic, COMAND, voice act. phone/CD, climate seats<p>.... you lose a finger or hand with the express close for the windows. Go figure.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I guess MB doesn't mind if....

It's winter here. It would only let in the rain and snow anyway. <br>Actually, after reading the owners manual, I thought it had express close. The windows won't close if they meet resistance, and the express close on the sunroof would have to do the same, so it's not dangerous. Doesn't seem like a big ticket item either. I guess the flagship S class has to have more features than the other cars.<br>rich<br>'01 black/charcoal<br>Southside Virginia

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not checked this yet...but I did have that feature on my 2000 S-430. I also notice that there is no Auto Lamp feature setting in the dash menu system. Does anyone know about this?<p>Rich<p><br>: Strange... Windows have express open and close feature but sunfoof only has express open... checked owners manual which more than intimated express close as well. spoke to dealer.... said not on the E series, the S has it. Anyone see the logic in this?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Auto Lamp feature setting in the dash menu must be an S-class feature

Don't remember seeing it on my E although the dealer may be able to program it in..?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts