Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chambliss: Palin 'allowed us to peak'

Fresh off his runoff victory Tuesday night, Georgia Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss credited Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin with firing up his base.

“I can't overstate the impact she had down here,” Chambliss said during an interview Wednesday morning on Fox News.

“When she walks in a room, folks just explode,” he added. “And they really did pack the house everywhere we went. She's a dynamic lady, a great administrator, and I think she's got a great future in the Republican Party.”

Chambliss said that after watching her campaign on his behalf at several events Monday, he does not see her star status diminishing within the party.

The Republican also thanked John McCain and the other big name Republicans that came to Georgia, but said Palin made the biggest impact.

“We had John McCain and Mike Huckabee and Gov. Romney and Rudy Giuliani, but Sarah Palin came in on the last day, did a fly-around and, man, she was dynamite,” he said. “We packed the houses everywhere we went. And it really did allow us to peak and get our base fired up.”

But as Chambliss heaped praise on Palin and other big-ticket Republicans that came to Georgia on his behalf, he questioned why President-elect Barack Obama would not use his star power to aid his Democratic opponent Jim Martin.

“I have no idea why he didn't come down,” Chambliss said.

“His people were here. His organization was here,” he added. “They really did a good job in the general election of turning out people. And whatever their game plan was this time, if he had been here, I have no idea whether it would have worked better.”

Chambliss: Palin 'allowed us to peak' - Andy Barr - Politico.com

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Reminiscent of Washington's performance at the Battle of the Great Meadows.

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
She did the country a huge dis-service IF she helped that republican fuck tard. I guess she will try to now take credit for this and "list" it as one of her "accomplishments":rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
I don't think Jayhawk understands what is really going on. Republicans outside of White Man Land are finding themselves in districts that are turning left. In order to keep their Senate seats, they will be glad to give the Democrat's a helping hand. Olympia Snow of Maine, Judd Gregg in New Blue Hampshire, Florida and Carolina GOP fucktards, and of course Old Reliable RINO, John McCain, will all be lining up to supply those extra votes. If they don't, there are 19 open GOP Senate seats in just two years, and then, they will be toast.

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Why's that?
Because I don't think that the republicans should have any power or any say so for the next 4 years. I consider them to be the enemies of the United States. They and Bush have hurt this country much more than any terrorist group has or could ever hope for.

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think Jayhawk understands what is really going on. Republicans outside of White Man Land are finding themselves in districts that are turning left. In order to keep their Senate seats, they will be glad to give the Democrat's a helping hand. Olympia Snow of Maine, Judd Gregg in New Blue Hampshire, Florida and Carolina GOP fucktards, and of course Old Reliable RINO, John McCain, will all be lining up to supply those extra votes. If they don't, there are 19 open GOP Senate seats in just two years, and then, they will be toast.
It looks to me and most normal people like it is Obama who is helping the Republicans. He has adopted their position on most key issues and is even hiring Republicans and conservative dem's to sever in his administration. Talk about "not understanding what is really going on..." You are it!

·
Registered
11,191 Posts
He has adopted their position on most key issues ..............
Let's see:

legalize torture of prisoners and ignore Geneva conventions

build private prisons throughout this country, and imprison those who dare question the wisdom of the annointed one

spy on citizens without a warrant

invade and occupy sovereign nations that pose no real threat to this country

ensure that government spending deficit exceeds $ 1 trillion/year for every year while he is in office.

wage wars without end and "pay" for them by giving tax cuts to the rich

plunder the US treasury until there is nothing left

destroy and polute the environment

Did I leave anything out? :D

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
You missed one: "Fucked us all in the ass".

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
I love the NeoNeoCon. Full of delusion and grandeur. Acting as if ultrared [or uberrot] Georgia was somehow a "surprise" or "turning point" with it's victory.

Sorry Sarah!, the turning point would have been if McCain had WON. Guess what.

Same delusion as bushie's inability to grasp that his only legacy is that of WORST and no one is believing anything he or they have to say.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
I love the NeoNeoCon. Full of delusion and grandeur. Acting as if ultrared [or uberrot] Georgia was somehow a "surprise" or "turning point" with it's victory.

Sorry Sarah!, the turning point would have been if McCain had WON. Guess what.

Same delusion as bushie's inability to grasp that his only legacy is that of WORST and no one is believing anything he or they have to say.
No shit. 41 or 42 really is an ineffective number of Senators for the GOP to mount a fillibuster, so they are deluding themselves if they think this will be much help. Let's take a couple of examples:

Freedom of Choice Act - will Snowe and Collins and Specter vote to fillibuster it? No.

Immigration Reform- Will McCain, Graham, Snow, Collins and Specter vote to fillibuster it? No.

Global Warming/Environmental legislation - Will McCain, Graham, Snow, Collins and Specter vote to fillibuster it? No.

Healthcare Reform- will Snowe and Collins and Specter vote to fillibuster it? No.

With the Dems breathing down their necks back home, just think of the kind of pressure there will be on Snowe and Collins to jump ship, especially given they are now in what looks like permanently blue states. Hell, they're liberals anyway. Same with Specter, the guy might as well be a Democrat.

Bottom line and IMO, the Dems have effectively a filibuster proof Senate now for all but the most partisan bills - even with the Chambliss win and a possible Coleman win. And if they don't, why, they can just reintroduce the Republican-authored "Constitutional Option" and just do away with the filibuster, a move just about all of the Republicans are on record of supporting. I say, let's compromise, split the difference -we'll make it 55 votes.

·
Registered
529 Posts
No shit. 41 or 42 really is an ineffective number of Senators for the GOP to mount a fillibuster, so they are deluding themselves if they think this will be much help. Let's take a couple of examples:

Freedom of Choice Act - will Snowe and Collins and Specter vote to fillibuster it? No.

Immigration Reform- Will McCain, Graham, Snow, Collins and Specter vote to fillibuster it? No.

Global Warming/Environmental legislation - Will McCain, Graham, Snow, Collins and Specter vote to fillibuster it? No.

Healthcare Reform- will Snowe and Collins and Specter vote to fillibuster it? No.

With the Dems breathing down their necks back home, just think of the kind of pressure there will be on Snowe and Collins to jump ship, especially given they are now in what looks like permanently blue states. Hell, they're liberals anyway. Same with Specter, the guy might as well be a Democrat.

Bottom line and IMO, the Dems have effectively a filibuster proof Senate now for all but the most partisan bills - even with the Chambliss win and a possible Coleman win. And if they don't, why, they can just reintroduce the Republican-authored "Constitutional Option" and just do away with the filibuster, a move just about all of the Republicans are on record of supporting. I say, let's compromise, split the difference -we'll make it 55 votes.
You're also assuming that the Dems can keep all 58 or so of their team members in line on a consistent basis.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts