Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help on Alpine CD Changer not syncing up with MB Becker Head Unit. It will go through all of the CD slots 1-6 but does not see the CD in the slots, nor will it play CD's. (No CD displyed) I checked all cabling from the changer to my adapter plug. Connection OK, <br> <br> 1) Should I disconnect the changer totally from the head to reset the changer.<br> <br> 2)How do I get behind the head unit of a 98' Clk 320<br> <br> 3) Can anyone provide pinouts?<br> <br> Thanks, Smooth

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1st do you have the discs loaded right side up? Second what brand adapter do you have? Third when did it stop working? The unit comes out by releasing it with two tools that insert through the front lower slots in the face. (it takes special tools)Let me know what your answers are so I can guide you.<br> <br> Scott

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott, <br> <br> Thanks for replying, The CD's are loaded correctly, I verified.<br> The adapter brand is 'Perpherial Interface Component' -MBZ to Alpine 0320-, my cd player is an Alpine 5620.<br> It worked fine with an occasional intermittent 'no cd'. I would eject the magazine and put it back in and it would play. Driving oneday it just quit working and no cd displayed again and it has never worked since then. I checked the pinouts, everything (seemed okay),I did notice the blue wire not fully plugged in to the pinout socket,plugged it back in, unplugged the cd players main coaxial cable, checked(no bent pins). The player is currently talking to the deck, it loads 1-6 then displays no cd-no audio play from the cd's, it reverts back to tape or radio.<br> I hope this helps, I'm stumped! What do you suggest next?<br> I want to take the interface apart but i don't know what I'm looking for? No manual or instructions either, the dealer installed the player.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it worked before and then stopped working I would have to say the problem seems to be in the adapter. I would take it back to the dealer who put it in and let them know whats up. The adapter has a 1 year warranty. It should be a MBZIL model #. If you need another adapter I stock them. <br>
<br>
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts