Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
That is a fine example. I'm jealous of the cargo cover that's not busted courtesy of UPS.

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thats a nice TD. My coupe doesnt have the holes for the diesel badge. All it says is 300cd. You can see in the paint where it used to say diesel. I think the badge was stuck on with tape.

·
Premium Member
16,161 Posts
Beautiful Euro 300TD. Fire extinguisher, foldable triangle, cargo net/cover, rear headrests and turbo engine! Too bad, no third row seat. Back then it was either the 3rd row seat or the cargo cover/net, not both. It looks like it has ABS too and driver air bag! :eek:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Agree! VERY nice and rare... reminds me of my old euro '84 300TD... ;)
Airbag and ABS are a plus! No headlight wipers though but that's okay! Has orthopaedic seats! :)
Only thing is it looks like the rear rocker panel by the jack hole area had body repair... but understandable for a 1-owner snow-belt area W123.
Price is arguably fair, but it's definitely worth north of 10K, IMO.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
SPEEDO???

Guys look at the speedos top speed! It says 150mph......i wonder about it because i may in fact be getting a car just like this from my mentor that passed away bless his soul.

His is an 85 Euro 300TDT with whipers(removed), 3rd row seat and cargo net but no abs of air bag HOWEVER the speedo is the same and i aways knew they went a lil faster but come on 140/150 pegged how can this be correct?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Not true i got a speeding ticket to prove it. Had an 84 300D totally stock but i had a used high compression motor and Crappy cone type filter. The ticket was for going 118mph.

I wasnt even trying but that was in my young days when i was stupid. It was like 2am and no one was on the road and i was on my way to some where i really wanted to be (she was was pretty hot) so away i went speeding.

BTW if you ever get a speeding ticket for going over 85mph try to bring a 85max speedo and say its mechanicly impossible for your car to go that fast and they will most likely drop it like they did for me :D

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Police radar guns (and speed trap trailers) are not accurate. The 5mph error at that speed would put right on the money for doing 113mph.

Compression makes no difference. The top speed is limited by gearing (rpm), not engine power.
Really? You really think these cars stock can not go over 113mph because the gears wont let them?

I have to get proof with out getting a ticket and without going down hill:D

Ill end this debate with "I dont think your right." These cars do not do what the FSM always says and the FSM has in fact been wrong before not saying your using that as your basis just its the only thing ive seen people refer to that they think makes them right if they quote.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts