Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wolfgang's, on County Road.

They have been there forever. I've seen their shop and showroom as long as I've lived here. They only work on Mercedes, and I had read and heard good things. But I hadn't owned a Benz until recently.

I recently bought a '99 E300TD, and took it to them for a complete inspection and service. They consulted with me very closely on every problem they found and recommendation they made. They got the work done quickly, when promised. Took photos for me, saved old parts to show me the problems they found, and were very honest about the costs and conscientious about wasting my money. The quality of the work was excellent; the car drives wonderfully.

They are not inexpensive, but definitely cheaper than the dealer. And you'll get individual attention. They seem to genuinely take pride in their work, which is nice to find.

·
Registered
2004 E320 4matic Cubanite Silver, 1989 560SL Black Pearl Met.
113 Posts
Also in Tenafly

Udo's Automotive Corp at 21 County Rd, Tenafly, NJ. (201) 569-7154

I have been using them for years. Did a complete mechanical restoration on my '89 560sl. Have done all the work on my '04 E320 4matic since I purchased it in 2011 and did most of the work on my '97 E320 until I sold it when I got the 4matic. Much better pricing than the dealer.

·
Registered
2008 CLK 550 Cabriolet
105 Posts
Wolfgang's - I called them on a sunday evening, got a call back (on President's day) at 8:00 a.m. sharp. The lady I spoke to was very pleasant to speak with, had no trouble setting an appointment.

They were flexible on the timing, though it wasn't for a lack of business -- their shop was full and had several cars on the lot when i dropped off.

The gentleman who wrote up the service ticket was also very professional and seemed knowledgeable. To confirm the first post, they exclusively work on Mercedes, so I felt comfortable they'd do the job right.

In this case, I was getting the transmission fluid changed (second time in car's life), an "A" service, and I asked them to lube the sway bar bushing which was creaking over speed bumps, and check a couple small other things.

All told it came to $715 including tax.

If i recall, the trans fluid change was $470 of that, the "A" service was around $200..

·
Premium Member
1999 E300TD
7 Posts
Wolfgang's: I brought my 1999 E300TD to Wolfgang's due to a Red SRS light illuminated on the dash. I was immediately welcomed and treated as though I had driven in a late model expensive European vehicle; I instantly got that warm and fuzzy feeling that I had picked the right shop. My car problem was explained to me in terms I understood and that computer testing was required to diagnose the cause of the SRS light. Received the call the SRS Module was defective, discussed cost of repair and found it very reasonable, I was so pleased that I asked to have other maintenance items performed and they gladly accepted my request. I was further pleasantly surprised when I got home to find that Rich had reprogrammed the windows and reinstalled some panels that I had removed. I'm definitely a customer for life.
Mike

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes Benz E320 CDI, 1985 300 CD Turbo-Diesel
14 Posts
I had a complete brake job and motor mounts changed and I found Wolfgang's to be fairly priced and professional on the repair. I will go back!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old post but +1 on Wolfgang’s, I used the shop extensively and exclusively when I and my MB lived in Northern NJ. Honest, knowledgeable and thorough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts