Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Nitto Terra Grapplers on my G320 for a few weeks now.
I am running the 285/65-18 with my original 63mm offset wheels.
If I was going to use larger diameter tires, I wanted the least amount of stress on the wheel bearings.
The tires barely rub at all. If I used my 43mm offset wheels, they would not rub at all. Since it's so minor (only turning in one direction), I would rather use the original wheels and offset.

I Love These Tires
• They track very straight on the road.
• They are very well balanced. No shimmys or vibrations.
• While off-roading, they had GREAT TRACTION. No slipping.
• They Look Great! Very aggressive look and feel.
• They have better road feel. They are less "harsh" on the road. They absorb the general bumps and road rash better than the Geolandar, Kumho, and Dueler ATS tires that I have had on my truck (which are mostly highway tires).

I would definitely recommend these tires for anyone looking for something more aggressive.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Chuck

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
one question i would have is where exactly do they rub? I do a lot of tight parallel parking so how they rub makes a difference. If it's just touching the inside of the fender, it may not matter to me, but if it's touching steering linkage parts...

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Pictures

BrentG500 - 5/1/2005 1:32 AM

Hi Chuck,

Do you have any pictures???? [:D] [:)]
drgork posted a whole slew of them about a year ago. Do a search, and I'm sure you'll find them. (PS. I just did a search; and it comes right up.)

·
Registered
2004 MB G500 Black
1,175 Posts
Yup, the Nittos really track straight! It's just amazing how it tracks on the highway. They also balanced better than my BFG AT KO.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ewalberg - 5/1/2005 6:12 AM

one question i would have is where exactly do they rub? I do a lot of tight parallel parking so how they rub makes a difference. If it's just touching the inside of the fender, it may not matter to me, but if it's touching steering linkage parts...
I parallel park every day. I have not found it to be an issue. I will try to take some pictures and show exactly where it's rubbing too.
If I thought that it was an issue, I would use my 43mm offset wheels.

Chuck

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
That's interesting the nitto's balanced better given that they're wider and heavier. When you say balanced do you mean less weights or smoother feeling?

I can't remember, did you have your tires "ride matched"? It can make a pretty significant difference in how the truck rides.

I'm surprised Bridgestone hasn't stepped up to the plate with a 18" version of the dueler revo. On the tundra forums, that and the BFG at ko are their two favorite AT tires depending on the highway/offroad usage and preferred ride style.

·
Registered
2004 MB G500 Black
1,175 Posts
ewalberg - 5/1/2005 7:00 PM
I can't remember, did you have your tires "ride matched"? It can make a pretty significant difference in how the truck rides.
I always ask them to check RoadForce/ride-matched on all my tires, including the spare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts