Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
SL60
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check This out, I was at New Hampshire speedway And I saw This '94 SL 500 with a 2000 AMG Body Kicking ass (E46 M3, M5 and a supercharged 97 Vette). I talked to the driver and found out that the car has N.O.S. I was like "Damn!!!", wouldn't that mess up the engine? According to the owner she hasn't had any problems so far after her boyfriend installed it.
Naturally this encounter sparked some curiosity. I was searching the net and found this. http://bergwerks.com/M119nitrous.jsp#e
I'm thinking about getting this kit for my baby. My car already has a 6.0L conversion by RENNtech. I've been looking for a supercharger but none seem to be available for the 95 nor 98, but there is for the 99 model (made by Kleemann). I want MORE Power, the more the better. Tell Me what you think about this nitrous kit.

·
Registered
'81 280SE
142 Posts
Go for it. Not that I know much about NOS kits but I thought you could get universal kits and it was just a matter of changing the nozzle for different hp levels.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Quicksilver827 - 11/27/2003 1:09 AM

Check This out, I was at New Hampshire speedway And I saw This '94 SL 500 with a 2000 AMG Body Kicking ass (E46 M3, M5 and a supercharged 97 Vette). I talked to the driver and found out that the car has N.O.S. I was like "Damn!!!", wouldn't that mess up the engine? According to the owner she hasn't had any problems so far after her boyfriend installed it.
Naturally this encounter sparked some curiosity. I was searching the net and found this. http://bergwerks.com/M119nitrous.jsp#e
I'm thinking about getting this kit for my baby. My car already has a 6.0L conversion by RENNtech. I've been looking for a supercharger but none seem to be available for the 95 nor 98, but there is for the 99 model (made by Kleemann). I want MORE Power, the more the better. Tell Me what you think about this nitrous kit.
According to the website you provided, with NOS, you can go 0-60 in 5.2+ seconds. How could you beat Vette and M3/M5 with that speed? Just curious ... [?]

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 1996 SL500 and have been searching everywhere for more horse power. Other than the very expensive RENNtech upgrade, the bergworks Nitrous system is all I could find. Nitrous was not what I wanted, so I kept searching.

Until recently all I could find where superchargers for 1998 and newer models. HPS http://www.myhps.com/press/pressrelease/mechtechrelease08.04.html seems to have the answer. They have a supercharger designed for 1998 and newer Mercedes that according to their technicians will work with my 1996 SL with some minor modifications. I am planning on getting this installed next month, so will let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Cal44DE - 8/24/2004 1:38 PM

I have a 1996 SL500 and have been searching everywhere for more horse power. Other than the very expensive RENNtech upgrade, the bergworks Nitrous system is all I could find. Nitrous was not what I wanted, so I kept searching.

Until recently all I could find where superchargers for 1998 and newer models. HPS http://www.myhps.com/press/pressrelease/mechtechrelease08.04.html seems to have the answer. They have a supercharger designed for 1998 and newer Mercedes that according to their technicians will work with my 1996 SL with some minor modifications. I am planning on getting this installed next month, so will let you know how it works out.
I've heard Kleemann has supercharger that would make SL500 500HP for $11,000.00 plus installation. This would be good for you too.

·
Registered
500SL
21 Posts
None of the present superchargers are for a 1992 SL 500..... If anyone knows one that would fit a 1992 SL, I'd be all over it.

Thanks
Chris Bradley

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
I think Renntech has it ...

You can go for 386HP for $18,950 or 402HP for $23,750 for your 92' SL500 (from 322HP)

·
Registered
500SL
21 Posts
I do want to thank you for posting the NOS kit.

It's a excellent read..... and a cool option..(insert grin)

Thanks

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Here goes their website and the info you need.

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/splash/cars/slclass/slprices.html

·
Registered
500SL
21 Posts
Hi

The prices you're quoting are for a 6.0L conversion.

Not a supercharger.... I have talked with Bob Brady at Renntech and they don't make supercharger kits for the 1990-1992 SL's. He said it would be too much for the electronics of the older SL's.

I do appriciate your help and all the great information.

And because of your post I found. A Bergwerks 1st gear control module kit which I'm buying.
http://bergwerks.com/control_module.jsp

Thanks again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've heard Kleemann has supercharger that would make SL500 500HP for $11,000.00 plus installation. This would be good for you too.
Kleemann was one of the original companies that I checked with. They have nothing compatible with pre-1998 Mercedes SL500. If I am mistaken please let me know.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Cal44DE - 8/24/2004 6:04 PM

Kleemann was one of the original companies that I checked with. They have nothing compatible with pre-1998 Mercedes SL500. If I am mistaken please let me know.
I guess you are right ... I am not sure what much different does it make ... maybe you can call them and ask to see if it might fit your pre-98 model.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
cbradlea - 8/24/2004 4:42 PM

Hi

The prices you're quoting are for a 6.0L conversion.

Not a supercharger.... I have talked with Bob Brady at Renntech and they don't make supercharger kits for the 1990-1992 SL's. He said it would be too much for the electronics of the older SL's.

I do appriciate your help and all the great information.

And because of your post I found. A Bergwerks 1st gear control module kit which I'm buying.
http://bergwerks.com/control_module.jsp

Thanks again.
Hummm, I've never talked to them, but according to that PDF sheet, it was listed for 1009-1992 500SL ...

Anyway, I don't really think the "1st gear control module kit" would worth buying. With 322HP at hand, you can pretty much live with it. The kit you are buying, if not careful, can kill your transmission if you stay in 1st gear for too long. Remember your car is "automatic" and it should stick with what it meant to be (in term of shifting the gears). Remember, you don't gain any HP for buying this.

My car has the "W" (winter) and "S" (summer) ... but I always leave it in the S mode.

Just my .02 ... keep us posted what you've done to the car (and how it works) ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts