Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
SLK280 (soon!)
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

This is a minor one... I'm intrigued as to what the R171's dash looks like lit up at night (pref. with COMAND)

I've lovingly gone through most of the pictures of the cars on here, but they're all in daylight. Can I tempt anyone to take a shot of the interior of their car at night, with the lights on?

...or point me to the pictures I missed? ;)

Best
Alistair

·
Registered
SLK280 (soon!)
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, now that you come to ask, I've always felt something of an aversion to garlic and daylight. Maybe a convertible isn't such a good plan?

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
alistairg - 4/17/2005 7:55 AM

Hey Guys

This is a minor one... I'm intrigued as to what the R171's dash looks like lit up at night (pref. with COMAND)

I've lovingly gone through most of the pictures of the cars on here, but they're all in daylight. Can I tempt anyone to take a shot of the interior of their car at night, with the lights on?

...or point me to the pictures I missed? ;)

Best
Alistair
I wasnt sure if you were referring to the LED under the mirror in cars with dimming mirror. Gives a soft glow all over the centre console.

If you are talking about the buttons themselves, it really depends on how many factory options you have. I sat in a press car that was fully loaded and it looked like an aircraft cockpit.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
I am fairly disappointed with the cockpit lighting at night. My Audi TT has a muted red glow in the cockpit and all the lighted buttons and dials are lit red ..very sexy looking.

I have all the interior options on the SLK and the cockpit lighting looks really bland. Especially the COMAND screen. All my passengers have commented on how bland it is. If only someone could figure out how to get screen savers installed for the COMAND screen[8D]Preferably those that move with the beat of the music[;)]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Only have a pic of the dials at night, and they've been posted several times by different people.

Too tired to go take a pic of car now in the dark (plus it's raining, so I can't open the roof as it's wet, in order to take a proper picture).

·
Registered
SLK350 (apr 15)
673 Posts
yeah ... the Z4 had cool red glow over the whole center dash, very neat.

i can't even notice the LED below the mirror, if there is such a thing. guess i'll have to go look harder.

lights are definitely boring. rest of car, not so boring. i rather like it. [:)]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
Do we have a LED to illuminate the dashboard? Did not know that...
MB should use a lot more LEDs on their cars. Every single bulb should be replaced with a LED!!! (btw, I am in LED business!!!)

Red preserves the night vision (When I fly at night, I use a red LED flash light to look at a map, etc.) so it makes sense (to some extent) to use that color for the meters and buttons.

·
Registered
'14 CLS63 AMG S, '10 GLK350, '03 SL5000
289 Posts
Mr_techno - 4/16/2005 4:11 PM
Are you a vampire?

alistairg - 4/16/2005 4:16 PM
You know, now that you come to ask, I've always felt something of an aversion to garlic and daylight. Maybe a convertible isn't such a good plan?
Mr-_techno and alistairg, you guys are great! Thanks for the smiles.[:D]

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
MKSM3 - 4/18/2005 12:32 PM

Do we have a LED to illuminate the dashboard? Did not know that...
MB should use a lot more LEDs on their cars. Every single bulb should be replaced with a LED!!! (btw, I am in LED business!!!)

Red preserves the night vision (When I fly at night, I use a red LED flash light to look at a map, etc.) so it makes sense (to some extent) to use that color for the meters and buttons.
The ideal colour for lit roads is green LED's as they are the most clearly seen at the eye level. However there is barely any application that I have seen that isnt orange or red.

·
Registered
SLK 200, Golf V GTI
269 Posts
Yeah, those press shots look cool ilgar, but I think a little work with photoshop was carried out!

Speaking of lighting, just tried the map lights at night for the first time, and they're very clever! When they are on, there's no glare, and they don't shine in your eyes...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts