Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sry that they are a bit blurry. they looked perfect on the review in the camera. i was using the mode to shoot in low light with a tripod, but i didn't have a tripod. i tried to keep it as steady as i could...

·
Registered
2002 ML 320, 2004 Audi Avant A4
212 Posts
In that "mode" the shutter is staying open longer which means that any movement will cause blurs. Clean looking ML though. Get a tripod or slow the shutter speed. You will have better results.

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ Yeah, i know. i'll get a tripod if i find one cheap, i'll tamper around with some other settings. thanks

·
Registered
2000 ML320
182 Posts
sweet ride man, gotta get a tripod!
the trick to night shots is actually doing them 30 minutes after sunset when there is enough light to illuminate your car nicely (preferably with a clear sky) and the background, so you aren't getting street lights taking over your picture.

also a trick to get a nice background is zooming in as far as you can with your camera and standing back, the compression of the long lens with make the background look closer and fill the frame nicely.

keep shootin', i'm diggin' it.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Nice pictures!! Black and other dark colors look amazing for daytime shoots, but ftl for night time shoots.

·
Registered
'99 ML430 & '11 ML550
81 Posts
SJ,

Nice pics! I like the W164 grill and I'm thinking about gettting one. However, where do you get a silver lower grill to match?

Thanks for any info.

Raniel

·
Premium Member
2006 E55: 1999 ML430; 2002 E430 4matic; 1988 190E 2.3; 1993 XL883
301 Posts
Great night shots, with good backgrounds. The black is dark at night, but you really get to see the chrome highlights.

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SJ,

Nice pics! I like the W164 grill and I'm thinking about gettting one. However, where do you get a silver lower grill to match?

Thanks for any info.

Raniel
hey raniel. thank you for the comment. i made a post about a month ago on the lower grill. you can easily pull it out the lower grill because its only held with tabs. i bought silver spray paint and just painted it and popped it back it. easy as that. people like joe were motivated by me and did it as well. :p :thumbsup: :bowdown:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts