301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Now

it is 5grand over priced.
Do your homework.
For 5 g more I can get 2 w210's with known service histories.
Dealer auction car,well detailed,but way over priced.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It is hard to find one with all the options, it looks like the only US option its missing is the rear window sun shade. When I was looking for mine, I tried to find one with every option, but eventually gave up and decided I could give up the ventilated seats, and parktronic. Now I regret it.

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Nice car, but you could get that 01 E55 with like 50k miles on it that I posted on here this weekend.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that the price is a little too high. But loaded with rare options.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
I just saw this 2002 E430 on ebay. Fully loaded!
ozcan,

YOURS is fully loaded but this one isn't. I don't see ventilated or multi-contoured seats, parktronic, sports package, or the rear window sunshade as previously mentioned. I might be forgetting something, but it's not in the same rare class as yours. Not to mention the ugly exterior color! :)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
ozcan,

YOURS is fully loaded but this one isn't. I don't see ventilated or multi-contoured seats, parktronic, sports package, or the rear window sunshade as previously mentioned. I might be forgetting something, but it's not in the same rare class as yours. Not to mention the ugly exterior color! :)
Hmmm. I see the parktronic sensors in the bumpers, the controls for the multi contour seats, and the lights/switch for the ventilated seats. It also has voice control and nav. You're right; no sports package, no sunshade and NO AWD! Also, we don't know if it has the integrated phone. BTW, I love that aqua color! Never seen that before on an E430. No accounting for taste, I know. :)

Fred

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ozcan,
Musikmann thank you for your compliment. :) Just like fosmith wrote I can see that the one on ebay has all the options except no sunshade, no 4matic and no sport package. Also I wonder why the seller never mentioned about all these rare options. Perhaps he knows little about these cars.
My E430 doesn't have sport package option. I am not sure if 4matic W210's ever came with sport package. Never seen one or heard of.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Attn: fosmith & ozcan

I am very sorry because I didn't see what you guys did, and will take another look now. I might need to adjust my screen resolution because the images are a bit fuzzy, even after using the magnifying option.

fosmith, different strokes for different folks, I didn't mean to insult your tastes. ozcan, as far as I know, the sports package was an available option on any W210.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
The color you are either going to love (I do) or hate.

On the value of the car is a EZ check with edmunds.com, and understand values are still dropping month-by-month.

A good value at/under $10K ? Sure, to the right buyer who likes tha color.

A good value at/over $12K to the right buyer ? Nope, even if you love the color, no added value.

A retail eBay ad for a dealer who took the car in at over what they can get for it at at dealer auction ? Yep. Wholesale auction value maybe a bit over $5K, nothing over that now-a-days, and like retail slipping each month.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
fosmith, different strokes for different folks, I didn't mean to insult your tastes. ozcan, as far as I know, the sports package was an available option on any W210.
No offense taken Misikmann. Everyone's entitled to my (I mean their) opinion. :D
Fred

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am very sorry because I didn't see what you guys did, and will take another look now. I might need to adjust my screen resolution because the images are a bit fuzzy, even after using the magnifying option.

* If you cant see the parktronic sensors on those pictures it is about time to relace your monitor with a new one!!! :) :) :) (just kidding!)
** I thought 4matic W210 never had sports package. I would like to see a picure if you have one. It would be nice to have all options including sports package on a w210 4matic. (my opinion)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Having just recently sold a motorcycle on eBay I understand why dealers post cars with way too high prices. It is because eBay recently changed the listings for motor vehicles so that they only have to pay an insertion fee to list the car/bike. You do not have to pay the fixed $100 seller fee unless the item sells. Therefore loads of dealers have started posting cars/bikes with Buy-it-Now prices of what the dealer would love to get for something and setting way too high a reserve price. By doing this they only sell the car if it will make them lots of money, otherwise the listing stays on eBay for as long as the dealer is willing to pay the couple of bucks to relist it or they sell it off of their lot.

The last time I sold a vehicle on eBay you paid the full listing fee when your listing went active no matter if it sold or not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts