Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[NEWSFLASH] New C-class Sport models unveiled! C230K sedan, C320 Sport Coupe & C-class 4-matics

Check out our latest front page story on the C230 Kompressor sport sedan, the C320 Sport Coupe, and the C240 and C320 4-matics:

<b>Please click on the link below for the full news story:</b>
http://www.benzworld.org/news/news.asp?id=193

·
Registered
2003 clk 320
29 Posts
i think the i4 engine for the sedans is way too small, affordable yes but who wants to dri...

i think the i4 engine for the sedans is way too small, affordable yes but who wants to drive something that takes a lifetime to get to 60mph. mercedes is a prestigious car to drive that not many can afford and when we start getting more and mroe mercedes to lexus(aka toyota) price range we are giving the message that we are in the same class as they are. im sure they will sell very well but i guess i have to get used to the idea. as for the c320 coupe im kinda pissed i didn't get it a year ago when i got my 2002. they introduced it with 192hp and now they have a 189hp that sounds gentler. i love the sound of my kompressor roar. the c230 is incredibly heay. yes all mercedes are heavy but if they want to build a AMG version of the new clk to compete with the m3 in my mind the clk is would be the perfect car if it came with an optional 6 speed manual gearbox and a little less weight. mercedes have incecredible torque but whats the point if the weight of the car is gonna slow it down. its just one opinion...i love mercedes and all that it is but damn i wish they had the c320 coupe sooner. its only 3 THOUSAND MORE for such a bigger engine....aah let me know what you guys think of my opinions

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
How about putting DC's new hemi in a 6-spd C 3-door?

Why not? Call it a "CTO" and start getting the synergies rolling. The C platform is just too good to not explore more options, e.g., a C430.

And, the Chrysler fleet could really use the class of MB's 320--it's a great V6. Now that the E-Class is going to the 350, why shouldn't the 320, which ultimately may one day be an engine of legendary status, be available in a Chrysler van as a $3K option and include MB's 4-yr, 50K warranty.

A possible marketing strategy for DC is to let GM and Ford corner the market on those buyers that only plan to own/lease cars for just 3-yrs and aim instead at buyers that would like to own a car worth keeping for 8-10 yrs, i.e., go for increasing the resale values of used DC products to provide better long term value.

·
Registered
brabus c320
93 Posts
THE C320 COUPE IS A 4 DR? DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE C320 COUPE PICTURES.....

THE C320 COUPE IS A 4 DR? DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE C320 COUPE PICTURES..

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not too small...

i think the i4 engine for the sedans is way too small, affordable yes but who wants to drive something that takes a lifetime to get to 60mph.
Since the engine is much lighter than the previous iron block engine, the 0-60 times have actually been negligably affected! The engine is still supercharged, BTW.

All MBzs are fairly hefty because of all of the crash fortification built into them. You want to have that weight working for you in an accident as well. If you look at the 0-60 times, the weight does NOT make it uncompetitive.

As for the new CLK, yes, there is a CLK55AMG but it will not have a 6 speed, but rather the 5-speed AMG Speedshift automatic.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Caps lock off please, and no...

THE C320 COUPE IS A 4 DR? DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE C320 COUPE PICTURES..
A coupe implies 2 doors [:)]. The C320 coupe is the same as the C230K coupe, but simply with the larger engine. The C230K sedan is basically a C-class sedan with the coupe's new 1.8L Supercharged direct injection engine with 189 hp.

·
Premium Member
1999 SL500, 2009 E350S 4Matic, 1992 300CE (sold)
143 Posts
I suggest you drive it before trashing it. While it's no CLK430, it has a lot more torque ...

I suggest you drive it before trashing it. While it's no CLK430, it has a lot more torque and hp than the 2.6 liter V6 and almost as smooth. It's much more pleasant than the 2.3 it replaces. It is a quick car and beyond anything anyone can exploit it street driving (in Canada). It works well with either manual or automatic. Mercedes is giving more choices than anyone in the luxury segment.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Drew, the 1.8l C230 is not a direct injecton engine.

The gasoline direct injection engine cannot be sold in North America for the same reason the CDI Diesels can't be sold; too much sulfur in the fuel destroys the emissions system.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops, I was thinking about the CGI...

The gasoline direct injection engine cannot be sold in North America for the same reason the CDI Diesels can't be sold; too much sulfur in the fuel destroys the emissions system.
As for the diesels, the E320CDI will be available in Canada this fall [:)]

·
Registered
MBENZ ML320, AUDI A4 SPORT, MBENZ C230K SS (current)
1,729 Posts
C230 sedan & C320 coupe

I think its a good idea that M-benz put the 1.8 engine in the sedan. It's efficient and nice all around body style. I always like the kompressor engine no argue on that, too but it didnt' came out sooner. SO my parents end up buying the AUDI a4 1.8t 2002. I like audi's but i realy prefer Benz more coz of there style and prestige. Would they come out with a 4-matic 230 sedan???

As for the sports coupe, i nver really like the design, but i guess it's also a good idea that benz put the 3.2 v6 engine. A lot of my friends like the glass folding roof and wanted a little more horsepower.

·
Premium Member
1999 SL500, 2009 E350S 4Matic, 1992 300CE (sold)
143 Posts
Diesel Canada?

As for the diesels, the E320CDI will be available in Canada this fall [:)]

Where did you get this information?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You know i wish i would have waited a little while longer to get my benz. I got the C32...

You know i wish i would have waited a little while longer to get my benz. I got the C320 and i really wish i would have gotten the new one with the sport package. Oh well... my car is good enough. And i do not like the curent C230 it is one of the few cars that i can not stand to drive the i hope the new one is better.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I shouldn't say "will be"...

Where did you get this information?
Rather that they probably should be available this fall. I've heard it from a number of sources online or in person, and they in turn have heard it from upper management. It's not 100% yet obviously, but looks like there is a good possibility [:)]

·
Registered
99' C230 K 03' C240
32 Posts
When does the C230K sport sedan hit the dealership??

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right now actually!...

Early production units have been trickling into the dealerships as I write this.

·
Registered
brabus c320
93 Posts
i have a c320 and i love it.i jus wish the came out with a c320 coupe that look more lik...

i have a c320 and i love it.i jus wish the came out with a c320 coupe that look more like the sedan but with 2 drs.kind of like how the bmw 330ci looks sorta like the sedan but a lot nicer!the c230 does look too great..oh well.i did say i wish

Attachments

·
Registered
99' C230 K 03' C240
32 Posts
I went to the Mercedes Dealership here In Miami, FL and my salesperson told me that the C2...

I went to the Mercedes Dealership here In Miami, FL and my salesperson told me that the C230K SEDAN is a 2004 model. I want to buy it, but I don't want to wait till 2004.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You don't have to wait till 2004...

I went to the Mercedes Dealership here In Miami, FL and my salesperson told me that the C230K SEDAN is a 2004 model. I want to buy it, but I don't want to wait till 2004.
They are already in production and are available to be ordered now. Some cars have already arrived at various US dealers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts