Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My new winter car. Rear speakers, loading by blind, thermometer, electric antenna, electric sunroof, armrest. Grey cloth interiror, 904 paintshop, alloys.

Bought it blind on eBay, set me back a masive 600€ :D

It's a 200TE (118hp) w. manual 4 speed. And they made only 3990 pre-facelift 200TEs. What an exotic and rare beast do I own!! :D

The body is largely rust free, only a few surface rust spots.

Two jacking points and one rear suspension mount need attention.

And after 700km in my hands, it need a new diffrential :D

But that's sorted now and I've done 400km more - no troubles.

Regarding the price I payed - things couldn't be better. It's not a perfect car, but I think it's at least a good one. 276km on the clock, and drives way sweeter than a lot of W124s I've driven (I work on them for a living ;))

Regards!

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
A 124 wagon with a manual transmission -- love to have that over here. A 124 wagon with the 4 banger engine -- not so much...

And just exactly what were you doing to blow up that poor differential? Popping the clutch on a downshift?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 124 wagon with a manual transmission -- love to have that over here. A 124 wagon with the 4 banger engine -- not so much...

And just exactly what were you doing to blow up that poor differential? Popping the clutch on a downshift?
It's no rocket, that's true. But still adequate to keep up with modern traffic :) But power/MPG ratio is poor, considering the other engines of the range - that can be said! On gentle run it did ~29MPG. (~8l/100km).

One of the POs must have truly shredded that diff... I was only taking off a green light with light throttle - and *BANG!*. :crybaby2::thumbsup:

·
Registered
246 Posts
"It's no rocket, that's true. But still adequate to keep up with modern traffic"

you mean "at least it's not a 2 litre Diesel..." ;)

4000 MB estates...yeah that's only a queue 19km long ....o)

Pre-facelift = much better for sure !

those 15-hole wheels are such a pain to keep clean though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts