Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2003 E500, just a few questions as I want to get familiar with the car and diy.

1. I can't seem to find the dipstick for engine oil, where is the engine oil dipstick located? No answer in the owner manual.
2. Where is the air filter? I assume it must be under the eginer cover as there are two air intake ports. Also where is the MAF?
3. By the firewall, passenger side, there's filler tube, but I am not quite sure if it's engine oil or tranny filler tube as it has neither a dipstick or cover cap.
4. I also has the annoying SOS teleAid not connected, does anyone has the SDS or knowing someone/some shops in South Florida that has it.

If anyone with a WIS or some pictures taken to the location of different components, I'd really appreciate it.

Regards,
JeffreyP

·
Registered
97 Posts
1. For the e500, the engine oil extraction tube or dipstick tube is near the passenger firewall between the aux battery and the MAF. For e500's, there is no transmission dipstick tube -- our transmission fluid has to be pumped back in from the bottom.

2. The engine cover is actually two covers (front and back). The rear cover has two compartments that uses torx screws to hold the air filters in. The MAF can be seen after you remove the back engine cover at the back of the engine next to the firewall.

3. This is your engine oil tube. We don't get oil dipsticks. Our instrument cluster has a setting to measure the engine oil -- make sure your car is level before checking.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank, thank and thank.

So the tranny fluid DIY doesn't look like would apply to us as there's no filler tube.

Maybe I can still use the oil cooler line tranny pump method. Still not sure where or which line it is, the W210 I had is much easier to find anything.

Regards,

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. For the e500, the engine oil extraction tube or dipstick tube is near the passenger firewall between the aux battery and the MAF. For e500's, there is no transmission dipstick tube -- our transmission fluid has to be pumped back in from the bottom.
Hi Chenney,

Don't mean to doubt you, but if you look at the other thread with the same engine and transmission as ours, there's a transmission dipstick tube. The only difference is that it's the 4xmatic. Please comment.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211-e-class/1562183-diy-report-transmission-flush-722-6-a.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts