Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I hadn't noticed the lack of address on the website. The company is located at 345 McFarland Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia.
The lack of international shipping doesn't worry me. I have an address in Florida at a freight forwarding company (MyUS.com) that I use to amalgamate my orders. Some of the companies that supply amazon won't ship internationally nor will some people selling bits on ebay. I usually have several orders at my Florida address before I get then forwarded to Australia.

·
Registered
11 Posts
RJV,

matesfreight.com is an ex Aussie set up in Portland Oregon. The taxes are cheaper their and a lot of the forwarding businesses have moved there. I used shipito.com for a while and they moved to Oregon and the costs went way up, and the service down.

Ben at Mates is a great guy, check out their website, very innovative service. I bought quite a few watches from the states and he would pile them up and send in one package. The free shipping in the U.S. is worth taking advantage of as it is so competitive and cheap.

On another tack, I explored the LCL (less than container load) route for bringing in a set of tyres for my car that were unavailable in that size here for a reasonable price. $500 for 3 cubic mtrs and all arranged and packed from Gardena, CA. I loaded as much into the tyres on the pallet that I could mainly from Summit. The hidden handling costs are a killer, and as a comparison... if I had bought the tyres at Summit(they didn't have them) and used UPS to airfreight to Perth airport I would have saved over a grand!! never again. Could have had them in a week as opposed to 2 months.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Amazon purchases - warning

I recently bought a set of ignition leads from Amazon. Instead of receiving 12 leads, I only got one. It was obvious that only one was shipped as the weight of the parcel was well below the weight of 12 leads. When I contacted Amazon, they flatly refused to help as the item had been shipped to a freight forwarder. I contacted the company that supplied the leads but they wouldn't help either. So beware, if something goes wrong with an order from Amazon shipped to a freight forwarder, their policy is not to assist.

·
Purple Moderator
21,698 Posts
That really is a gyp.

I am hoping you used a credit card to pay for it and it was within their terms.
In US most cards have 60-90 days to file a claim.

Amazon is good, but they are starting to get a little too big and the customer
service at very late times is bad. Also they are using Asian based phone reps
for your part of the planet and they are reading scripts.

So I hope you can recoup your money via your bank or issuing credit card company.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All, been a while since picking up the ML55 and bought and fitted a few bits and pieces.
Just received yesterday a replacement window winder mechanism for the RH front as the plastic slider broke in the runner. germanpartsaver on ebay.com was where I located it. AUD$46 which was a screaming bargain. I also got a heater control solenoid for my E36 conv AUD$196.

I had the same bits tagged on FCPeuro, but the cost was USD$109 for the winder and $296 for the sol valve. Bear in mind, I have been buying from those guys for years based on discounted cost of parts.

The best bit was Ebay global shipping program, the cost was AUD$61 and it took just 2 days longer than the USPS from FCPeuro.

Just bought an AUTEL MD802 Oz based so I can read any of the codes that are stored. Will be doing the tranny oil first to source the cause of flaring.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts