Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have an slk200 xplate had it since 2003 black manual. I used to work for the fire service but retired now so the car does about 2000k per year.

Mechanic to trade and was an engineering supervisor for the service.

I live in scotland not far from lanark.

Looking at all the bits and bobs that can go wrong with the slk, and the rust areas I find myself familiar with some of them. My slk had the water in the boot problem when I got it, alarm going off and doors opening on their own etc, but since it was still under warranty I took it back and I hope they made the modification to the PSE that you talk about. I know they fitted a new boot seal at least, however I shall be onto them in the morning and see if they have a record of it being modified or if the bastids just cleaned it.

I do know that they spiked the new cd player that had been fitted when they were in there, a costly mistake for them.

It also had issues with that water getting to the abs sensor at the n/s rear which had to be replaced at about the same time.

I know they never did the modification for the oil in the wiring fault, the mod on the sensor at the front of the engine, which I had to do, and a new o2 probe which it knackered and luckely never got into the ecu.

Other than that I kind of like it, I fitted a stainless exhaust minus the centre box making it more sporty, fitted a decent air filter element and cut the ass out the air box to let it breath better, also letting you hear the supercharger whine a bit more, it has the brabus wheels with the biggest tyres allowed

They say in the magazines that its a womans car but I like it and dont feel out of place, I think I might if it was one of them mazda things tho.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, it's a pleasure to be here, loads of interesting reading.
Forgot to say phoned dealer today regards the pse or central locking pump as they call it. They just changed the pump and seal and dont know of any mod, so I guess I'm gona have to rip it out and do it properly. But there is a fairly in-depth description of how to do it here so no probs.

Thats one of the reasons I service mine myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts