Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 280
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just ordered a 280 in cubanite with black leather, heated seats ,airscarf and the transparent wind deflector with manual transmission.Trouble is I have loads of questions!

1.What mpg can I expect driving passionately?
2.Was cubanite a good choice? (most I've seen are Iridium)
3.Should I order mud flaps?
4.Is the hi-fi as good as the one with command?

Any hints and tips on any aspect of ownership would be much appreciated as this is the first Mercedes I have ever purchased. (My previous cars of note have been Japenese - Celica, RX8)

·
Registered
2008 SLK55 AMG
837 Posts
Congratulations

Please let us know where you are located -- e.g., state/province and country, as the specs can change from country to country, just go to the control panel at the top row menu.

I have cubanite silver(pewter) and I like the color (see picture thread in this forum). It is a matter of personal preference as far as color is concerned.

Check this out: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/att...re-thread-r171-afternoon-sun.jpg?d=1145850567

·
Registered
SLK200
31 Posts
The 280 works well with the 7g box and in my opinion is the way to go, the basic radio is disapointing, not many features. Colour is a personal choice.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
The car has ~270hp, it's gonna sap some juice.

Cubanite is a wonderful color and very different to what you'll find on the rest of the MB's out there.

Mud flaps look awful, and I'd never put them on a car like the SLK. It ruins the lines. This is in a same vain as putting a black bra on the front of the car. Do you really care so much about the car being hit by a few small stones that you want to butcher the overall look of the vehicle?

Standard speakers are not bad, but not something to shout home about. But it's a convertible, and such as you really should be driving it with the top down. Wind noise drowns out speaker quality anyway.

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
Shinigami said:
The car has ~270hp, it's gonna sap some juice.

Cubanite is a wonderful color and very different to what you'll find on the rest of the MB's out there.

Mud flaps look awful, and I'd never put them on a car like the SLK. It ruins the lines. This is in a same vain as putting a black bra on the front of the car. Do you really care so much about the car being hit by a few small stones that you want to butcher the overall look of the vehicle?

Standard speakers are not bad, but not something to shout home about. But it's a convertible, and such as you really should be driving it with the top down. Wind noise drowns out speaker quality anyway.
It's a 280, not a 350, so a little less hp than that ~ 220hp :D

Cubanite is easy to keep clean, so it's a great choice, if you don't like washing your car.

MPG is great, I'm getting 24-26 mpg city driving here in the states so, I'll assume the 280 will do better.

I agree with Shinigami, ABSOLUTELY NO MUDFLAPS, it'll ruin the smooth shape of the car.

I've heard the Audio 20 isn't too great as most members are changing them for aftermarket ones.

Welcome and enjoy your new ride. :)

·
Registered
2008 SLK55 AMG
837 Posts
Ynot said:
It's a 280, not a 350, so a little less hp than that ~ 220hp :D
228 hp at 6000 rpm, 0-100km/h in about 6.2 seconds. Enjoy the R171 :)

·
Registered
06 SLK 280, on order 09 SLK 350
209 Posts
kernow said:
1.What mpg can I expect driving passionately?
I have a SLK 280 with the 7 Gear Automatic. Over 3K miles I've averaged 20 MPG (US Gallons). That's mostly rush hour driving and I do drive fairly agressively.

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
etyu said:
228 hp at 6000 rpm, 0-100km/h in about 6.2 seconds. Enjoy the R171 :)
Close enough, although I have never done any research on the 280. :p Hence the ~ (approx. sign)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts