Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here and new to the world of my 107, I have a 1979 450SLC in Hong Kong, which is a place that's really hard to find parts for this car, right now I'm almost done with the body work and the suspensions. I really want to look for some wheels for my car and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice or photos of what wheels I should get.

Actaully I'm very interested in getting some 16inch AMG's penta or anything that similar to that or anything that might have a dish on the wheels?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a pic of my car , before the front spoiler and new shocks & Springs

·
Registered
1979 280SL, 1984 280SL
5,754 Posts
I think it looks great like it is in the photo. The 15" disc type wheels look good on your SLC. There are repro pentas. I don't care for the pentas, but they do have a lot of advocates.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it looks great like it is in the photo. The 15" disc type wheels look good on your SLC. There are repro pentas. I don't care for the pentas, but they do have a lot of advocates.

Thanks, I 'm going to keep the 15inch too just wanted to have another look to it...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a photo showing how damn good the 16" Pentas look!!

I must say though, on a white car, like the other photos, the BBS basket-weaves look great.

I wouldnt even mind the replica Pentas, and both bbs look really niccee.... but are they both hard to find?

·
Premium Member
22,841 Posts
Yep. You're gonna have to start prowling ebay, ebay.de, and the various big city craigslist sites. It doesn't cost to prowl, but when you do find some they are generally pretty pricey.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. You're gonna have to start prowling ebay, ebay.de, and the various big city craigslist sites. It doesn't cost to prowl, but when you do find some they are generally pretty pricey.
Around what Price range are they usually?
Cos' I want to know if I will get rip off too much!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help guys , my penta hunt mission begins.

Actually there's one thing that I could find much information on were car audio for my SLC, I really enjoy a nice sound system in my cars. It seems very difficult to find new model speakers for fit in the front.

Has anyone done some nice custom sound system on SLC's that could post me some pics? So I could get some ideas?

I'm not looking for the all neon out kinds something that would deliever the sound with an elegant look to it. I'm not planning to drill any holes in my interior to make things fit but I dont mind throwing amps and a sub in the trunk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts