Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. This is my first post but I've been lurking for a few weeks. A little history first. My wife had an 04' Mini Cooper when last month I suggested that it would be nice to have a convertable again. Well before the Mini she had a 99' Miata with low low miles and in perfect condition. Unfortunatly I am 6'3" and it wasn't pleasant to drive any distance hence the Cooper . We looked around and found I could fit TT's , Z350's , Z3's and 4's , SLK's and Mini's. Man ,any of those with low miles are spendy. The other requirment was no stick shift. Anyway we found a Dr. owned 2001 SLK320 with under 24000 miles and all records for $19K. What an AWESOME car.
On to the question. Someone please explain the HVAC on these cars.The manual is worthless . How do you activate the AC or how do you get outside vent air without AC. The selector dial seems to have the same settings in different places. It seems a simple AC on/off button like on 99% of the vehicles in the world would have been to easy.Please help !

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum

The ac is always active, you have to turn it off, Cant remeber if it has ac or ec on the button, But if its lit the ac is off.

Turn your vents on for outside air, I think its just the ones by the doors that have freash air.

O and remember you have heat control for both sides, If one is on hot and the other cold, you not going to feel the ac very much.

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes my wife bought it and sold her Mini.
Another question. On the air control selecter dial the 3:00 position and the 9:00 o'clock position appear to be the same . Are they ?

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My glasses have always been on for the last 49 years. So I just went out and looked and amazingly from the the passengers side they are different. I should leaned over a little to the right while driving. Oops!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts