Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a long-time BMW owner (550i) making the switch to a 2013 C63 AMG. Can anyone give me advice on whether or not to order the Development Package? I do not plan on ever taking the car on the track and the marginally-faster 0 to 60 time does not matter to me. (From my research, it looks like 0 to 60 is improved by about .1 second.)

Are there particular reasons why I should order this package? Or why I do not need to order it?

·
Registered
2012 C63 AMG (W204)
2 Posts
Biggest advantage is it adds a limited slip rear differential - don't ask why a LSRD isn't standard with the base AMG. I wouldn't want all that power on the rear wheels being managed by the stability and braking systems if one wheel gets up higher than the other.

Also, brake components are better (2 piece rotors and harder pads for more heat resistance) and I like the look of the red calipers.

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic, 2007 R320 CDI, 2012 E63 P30, 2013 SLK250
440 Posts
Biggest advantage is it adds a limited slip rear differential
Perhaps in Canada, but the Development Package in the US cars do not include the LSD. It is a standalone 2 grand option. I guess most Americans only like to go in a straight line and have no clue what a limited slip differential does and MB figures they should keep costs down by not including it in the Development Package.

-Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts