Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing oil and filter change on 200slk I noticed a/t fluid to rear of gearbox sump plate.It appears to be weeping from a circular casting with a circlip in it.Have already done a leak to front of transmission where O rings fail on electrical connection,good advice from this site,seems a common problem on this model.If anybody has had the same problem or any advice would be interested to hear.Exploded transmission diagram anybody?:

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Not ignoring you Steve, just trying to figure out where that is - the A/T sump gasket is always pretty good - looking for the location.

Bruce

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
auto trans oil leak

Hi Bruce, thanks for the response,I have changed the sump rubber whilst changing the trans fluid and the pretty standard front oil leak.We love the car but a bit dissapointed about leaky transmission especially with less than 30k on the clock.We run a 530d with over 100k,snuff dry.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230K
293 Posts
Sounds like the shift interlock boot. Rear left of transmission. I have had both leaks on mine. Cost more in lost fluid than it did for the part.

Avery

1 - 5 of 5 Posts