Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently moved to Nyon, Switzerland (near Geneva), and bought myself a 1998 E280.

I need to fix the light on the COMAND (centre console) as the lights for the Temperature control is not working - can anyone please tell me how to do that?

Also, am looking for a place in Switzerland/Germany/France where I can start to mod my car - any advice?

Thanks,
N.

·
Registered
CLK320
945 Posts
If you are talking about the back lighting to the climate control unit then the following post will help, but if you're talking about the regular illumination of the unit then it might be the internal lights in the unit. I can't remember for sure if the `98 model year is the same as the `00 model year, but here is how I changed out the bulb.

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1192273

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason.

Now I just need to find the tools down where I live. I think I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow and ask them if they have some unused spare [:)]

Do you know of a good navigation unit that I can fit into the console?

Thanks,
N.

·
Registered
CLK320
945 Posts
Glad that helped. To answer both of your other questions, the best place is probably eBay. The tools I got for just under $10 USD, but the nav unit I've seen go for as much as $700 USD. For the Nav unit you might want to hit up Steve @ www.mbenznl.com keep in mind that you will also need to get a new wood console if you get a Nav unit.

Good luck and you're welcome [;)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts