Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Newbie in need of help!!!

730 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  MercedesMax
Hi all, I have just moved to the U.S. and am studying in Michigan. I love the 190E as that was the car I was driving back home (mine was a 1.8L edition not available over here). Was wondering roughly how much the servicing costs per year would be for a '90 190E 2.3 with over 100k miles on it over here in America? Any other info on the price I should expect to pay for such a car etc.? Also, I would be eternally grateful if anyone could shed some light on any potential problems on buying such a relatively old Merc? Will be much appreciated!!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,570 Posts
190 E 2.3 1990-1993

Expect to pay anywhere from $4,000 to $8,000 depending on condition and mileage. Expect to pay $600 in service. Weak areas would include the A/C systems, window motors, transmission, and oil leaks. Try to buy one with less than 70,000 miles if possible. Major service after that. Good luck!
[:)]

· Registered
280SL Pagoda, BMW318
98 Posts
since you're in Michigan...

if you want to save money, the place to buy one is over the border. Greater Toronto has a wealth of 190s at extremely low prices, even as low as a couple of thousand US for a half reasonable one.

Given a choice, I wouldn't go past a diesel. You'll spend a lot less on repairs in the long run (because there'll be fewer of them!). Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.