Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

newbie here

809 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Nate
just picked up my first benz tonight! she's a 93 190E 2.6. two tone emerald green. 130k one owner mileage, every record, owned by benz enthusiast/fanatic owner. all i can say is that the car is just a joy to drive, very solid and tight, and handles much better than i expected. if it only had about 40 more horses! decided on a mercedes after driving my parents recently acquired 88 300 se. BTW, i'm 32 y.o, i'm a hardwood flooring contractor, and own a 2001 chevy express van, an 87 volvo 245 V8 autocross car, and an 85 245 winter beater. for kicks, i dragrace my harley, and chase my 2 kids around. glad to have found this site!!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1996 Stang, 1995Jeep
22 Posts
Welcome!

We 'll try to help you (you'll need help v. soon). Hopefully, you have enough $$$ for a divorce OR to appease your wife, because in 2 years you'll be spending more time with the MB than with your family [:(].

However, MB's ARE a joy to drive and are very satisfying to work on, because once fixed, they stay fixed. They are also addictive in the sense that you can't resist an urge to make'em drive like new. Just use the OEM parts and everything will be fine.. Where do you autocross, and have you thought of getting into rallying??

· Registered
93 190 2.6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!

thanks piotr. i race my 245 at local parking lot "tracks" and have plans to enter the mt washington hillclimb next year. my rollcage isn't finished yet and thus, the car isn't legal to run there. hope to get to lime rock later this fall also. i built the car myself last year. it has a 91 mustang 302 with all the go fast goodies, gutted interior w/ kirkey seats, custom coilover front suspension, etc. etc.
any suggestions for genuine MB parts online? also, i'd like to get a car cover and i'd like to replace the underhood insulation. thanks for the reply, jason

· Registered
1996 Stang, 1995Jeep
22 Posts
rally + parts

Well, try www.germanstar.net or www.thebenzbin.com. Also, try www.performanceproducts.com (limited)
I know a couple of rally drivers from NYC and Connecticut who take part in at least some of the rallyes - but that's expensive (rollcage alone costs $15K.) One of them is Peter Malaszuk from Stamford Subaru Team. Check out RallyPlanet.com. You'll like it!
Hmm based on what you wrote, you'd be in the Open Class??

· Registered
93 190 2.6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, i'm in the open class, i built it to have fun and it's still street driven. you shoul...

yes, i'm in the open class, i built it to have fun and it's still street driven. you should see the looks on the ricer's faces when i show 'em what the tail end of a volvo station wagon looks like! thanks for the links...

· Registered
60 Posts
People always under estimate what a volvo wagon can do. They are very quick for that si...

People always under estimate what a volvo wagon can do. They are very quick for that size of a car. A friend of mine has a 95 850T. That thing really does move, and it rides oooh so smooth! I hated volvo until I met him. Such a nice car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.