Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C43 AMG
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup: My name is Hayden and I'm 22 years old.
I just recently purchased a 2002 E55 AMG and absolutely love it.
So far I have replaced the oil, installed some chrome bezels, replaced brake light switch, reset ECU :p, and fixed the no a/c issue. I am throwing no codes, but would like to fix/prevent some more issues such as the MAF, CPS, trans fluid, radiator fluid, filters.
In addition, I would like to repair some wheel well rust issues, squeaky steering column, NO-CD on the COMAND unit, shocks, and some dead pixels on my cluster. I don't post much, but spend most of my time lurking and reading a bunch. Currently in Denver as I just moved from outside the Chicago area (hence the rust). It has over 138k on it and was babied by the previous owner (my mom :D). I have owned a 1998 Jeep Cherokee on which everything was DIY. Then owned a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was ready to purchase something a bit (a lot) more elegant and luxurious and definitely a bit quicker as I have moved on from the sluggish inline 6. I plan to keep it stock as far as ride height and wheels (may powder coat the inside portion), but plan on 35% tint all the way around (love 20%, but prefer not to be hassled) removing the resonator and replacing it with an x-pipe. May possibly move to California so don't think I can install some high flow cats.
I think that's it for now. I'm sure more will arise in the near future.
I am relatively new to my own personal DIYs as I just began about 5 years ago, but have been around 2012 Jeep Rubicon, 2001 Twin Turbo Lingenfelter Corvette, 1987 Buick Grand National, and while growing up, this E55 AMG.
I have a lot to learn, but have a passion for cars and hope to extend it far throughout my years.
Enough talking, here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 2 of 2 Posts