Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just got a used 2003 C230 Kompressor sedan with about every option(exceot navigation)for my 18th birthday present from my dad. only has 34,393 miles and also rides and drives well. I have to say tho the automatic transmission shifts funny when flooring the accelerator.Does anyone else have the same issues??? [:D]

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
It is a quirk you'll get used to. MB transmissions don't act the same as most others.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, Jte7690. It's great you're enjoying your car. The 230k's are really nice, get good gas mileage, and the safety features are top-notch.

Pay attention to the shifting. If it's just a little delayed or if you're not used to the kickdown when it's completely floored, that's OK. Also, the transmission is adaptive so it'll take time to get used to it and for it to get used to you.

If it seems to downshift rather unpredictably (e.g., sometimes immediately and sometimes not at all, to the point that you don't know what the car's going to do when you press the accelerator), maybe take it in before your 36k warranty is up. Our '03 230k had the unpredictability problem and the good dealership in our area found it to be a bad valve body. Smooth fix, problem went away. At any rate, if your transmission does _anything_ that seems very unusual you could err on the cautious side while you've still got the warranty.

(As an aside, Lynn's our resident mechanic. He knows tons of stuff about these cars.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts