Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

New to this forum and very much appreciate all the insight. It has been invaluable. We are considering a GL as a replacement for my wife's Denali XL as it comes off lease in Feb. We have narrowed it down to the GL and LR4 - but are pretty sure its the GL at this point.

Deciding between a 2007/2008/2009. It's a bit tough to compare/contrast option packages between the years as well as to uncover what changed over those three model years. Seems like the biggest change was the NAV (in 09). My budget fits 07/08 but I would like to know if there is anything on the 09 worth stretching for. I do like the slight refresh of the 10 and we really like the new metallic grey color, but I am hoping to stay under $45k so the 10 is likely out for now.

Would be interested in better understanding what the different option packages were (by name) and if they did materially change over the three years. I know what I want on the car, just don't know how to search for it by package name so it's hard to tell what cars have what options on the various sites.

We want:

Xenons
Full Leather (what all does this cover?)
Premium Sound
Power Liftgate
Bluetooth
Roof
Alum Running Boards
20s

Thinking of White - would go either tan or grey interior.

Thanks again for the help.

Josh

·
Registered
61 Posts
Honestly, In my opinion, you should buy what your budget calls for and not more. Theres very little changes in these cars over the years. Too many people nowadays are buying more than they can afford and are paying thousands of dollars in intrest and then they lose their jobs or cant pay their bills and lose everything. Buy what you can afford. You'll be plenty happy with an 07 GL. Think about having an extra $10,000 in your pocket instead of having the same vehicle except a few years newer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, In my opinion, you should buy what your budget calls for and not more. Theres very little changes in these cars over the years. Too many people nowadays are buying more than they can afford and are paying thousands of dollars in intrest and then they lose their jobs or cant pay their bills and lose everything. Buy what you can afford. You'll be plenty happy with an 07 GL. Think about having an extra $10,000 in your pocket instead of having the same vehicle except a few years newer.
Good advice. That is definitely my intention. There is just a short list of things we definitely want and I want to make sure those are available on the 2007 - that was the main point of my post and my main question.

Do you know what packages/option codes I need to be looking for on the 07 to incorporate the list I referenced?

·
Registered
GL320 CDI - 2008, '04 Touareg V10 TDI, '85 Unimog U1700, '83 Mitsubishi 4WD turbodiesel PU
525 Posts
my '08 MSRP document

I've attached a pdf file of the MSRP data which includes the breakdown of what was in the P2 package at that time. Keep in mind that P2 INCLUDES P1 + more. I did not get/want leather and I do not miss it (I had it on my '07 Gl). Good luck in your search.
When you say 'roof' I assume you meant roof cross bars (the side rails are standard on ALL GLs). With mine, the only reason I got the package with the 19" wheels was that that was the only one that included the cross bars. As soon as those 19" tires wore out (at 19,000 mi) I changed wheels and tires to 18"!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts