Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 Kompressor, Brilliant Silver, Cloth Anthracite interior (ex JDM model)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings people,
I live in the city of New Plymouth in the country of New Zealand (like, Way down under!)

I've just purchased a 98 SLK 230 Kompressor from a buddy of mine who owns a used car dealership in my city.
It's a JDM model in Silver, with the Charcoal cloth/fabric interior.
Done 54,000kms (33k mls), 1 owner Japan & now me in NZ.
I payed $18k(NZD) ($14,176 USD) for it, which seems pretty good for the excellent condition it's in.
A great little car & my first Merc (driven lots, but not owned before).

Previous car was a 92 Lexus SC400, great car,...........but time for a change.

OK guys, that's it from me at the mo.............keep the shiny side up, and don't spare the horses HaHaHa!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 Kompressor, Brilliant Silver, Cloth Anthracite interior (ex JDM model)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bazzle........................Yeah, shoulda mentioned the sheep :thumbsup: (I think!)

·
Registered
1999 230
572 Posts
Welcome m8, great forum, heaps of info about your car & funny stuff too.
These cars are pretty cheap now, glad your diggin the sheep.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Did some one say SHEEP !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mikey, yeah mate they are getting a LOT cheaper over here since dealers have been bringing them in from Japan. This particular one owed me mate $14.9k(NZD) on the road, and that's about what dealers are paying in NZ for 97 - 99 SLK's in clean condition with 40 - 60k's on the clock (certified by customs).

Here's the pics I've got (when it was on the car yard)

Attachments

·
Registered
Two 1998 SLK230s, 2003 SLK230 SE, 2002 ML320
920 Posts
Well done - looks clean and you can't beat the price. They are more than twice that here in Oz. Welcome to the forum, and don't be sheepish! Papa has the monopoly on that.

·
Registered
SLK230K 2002
133 Posts
welcome on board... that price is a steal. It is just Aussies that have to pay a premium for getting a decent car because we are so marketable haha. SUX!

·
Registered
98 SLK230 R170, 01 w203 c180
345 Posts
wow! looking very clean there!

i still cant get over the bargain you got!

the cheapest i have found was 27kAUD for a 1997 brabus modded 230 with 40k miles from HK in perth.

but paying 14.9k NZD is a steal!

·
Registered
SLK230K 2002
133 Posts
I have never seen so many turbo and modded Jap cars anywhere else in the world... except Tokyo and Yokohama :). NZ has this no import duty for cars so its cheap to buy them there. I wish it was the same for us ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts