Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

Just a quick note to say hi to you all. I drive a 2001, Black C180 Sport Coupé.
I have a few up grades done to her but nothing special. I'm into car building and restoration, mainly old VWs. Im currently re-building a VW polo G40. It is one of only 500 ever made in right hand drive.

Anyway, will get some pictures of the Merc up soon and will look forward to chatting and picking some brains!

Slán!

Matt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Waterford bud. I know of only 2 others in Ireland. Your work mate wouldn't be named Gearóid would he??

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I lived in Dublin a couple of times. Now that times are good in Eire the MRZ count has gone off the scale. When I was there the first time in the late 80's the Chief Executive of the AIB had a well-used stretched 280E. I think the Taoiseach may have had one as well. Other than that, a few tattered Opels were the German representation. I have a friend in Monkstown (Co. Dublin) who drives a CLS350. Welcome!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome Matt! (Has a nice ring to it, Doesn't it?) Sorry it might seem so unfriendly. I think many people are probably busy with Christmas and trying to figure out when they will be broke in this cruddy economy. But better late than never, eh? :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcomes! :)

@Steve, thought it might be! haha. In fairness, his G40 is the best example i've seen. Worth a good few pound too!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes! :)

@Steve, thought it might be! haha. In fairness, his G40 is the best example i've seen. Worth a good few pound too!
It sure is , and when it goes back on the road its gonna be class with da new suspension . I also have another mate with a G60 , its gonna be nice when it gets finnished next year .

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its a Corrado . So far he has changed the engine to a 2 litre over bore with Jabba S/C ported N pollised head ,unrated clutch and ballanced crank . The car has been respraied and is getting new wheels , Power flex bushes , Coil-overs and a costum interior . The owner is on VAG com , pm me for his user name

1 - 11 of 11 Posts