Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1992 300D
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it finally got cold enough I turned on the defrost on my 1992 300D and it blows really hot. The temp control seems to have no effect. Defrost blows on high fan and high heat. Is this normal behavior and if not where should I start trouble shooting?

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
1992 300D
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Any other car I've always been able to adjust temp and fan on defrost setting. This things really kicks out the heat on defrost.

Larry

·
Registered
1993 300D 2.5 "Elsie"
1,287 Posts
Yeah, it's WAY too hot! If you lived in Antarctica it would still be too hot! For the life of me I can't understand why there is no temperature control on it other than maybe a woman designed the HVAC system. I can only stand having it on for about a minute (if that) and then I have to go back to the regular mode, which will also defrost the windows; it just takes longer.

·
Registered
MB W124 300D 1986
25 Posts
The regular mode is supposed to keep the windows clear at all times while driving.

I think the defrost function is only intended for temporary use when the vehicle is just started in cold weather or if you fill the car up with people in wet clothes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts