Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<br>Ok, since 4matic is not in the cards for a while, does anyone put, good winters (say Perilli 210 Snowsport 18s) on those AMG wheels in the winter and if so how's it go? (this is what I do on a couple Porsches I run in the winter). Also, thinking of devoting a normal set of AMG rims to the snows and maybe polishing and clearcoating another set for good/summer (rather than chrome) -- anyone been there done that? Thanks, Gregg<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: <br>Ok, since 4matic is not in the cards for a while, does anyone put, good winters (say Perilli 210 Snowsport 18s) on those AMG wheels in the winter and if so how's it go? (this is what I do on a couple Porsches I run in the winter). Also, thinking of devoting a normal set of AMG rims to the snows and maybe polishing and clearcoating another set for good/summer (rather than chrome) -- anyone been there done that? Thanks, Gregg<br> <p>If you expect driving in the snow, the Pirelli's, among others, sound OK. No problem staying with the AMG rims but you'll need to be much more attentive to maintaining them vs. an alternate set. One other thought. The tires for the E55 are pretty beefy. For snow driving, you might consider moving to a narrower width (same diameter) for an extra measure of safety. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts