Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1977 280SL Euro
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the purchase of one of the Zebrano wood console boxes for my 1977 280SL (Euro) but I'm not sure if it will fit inside the console area on the car. Performance Products show them on page 114 of their catalog. I talked with their tech. and he indicated they were for the US version R107 350 or 450SL.
Question: Could some one with a US 350 or 450SL please measure the inside bottom of their console (where the carpet is and you lay things, and post the demensions for me. Mine is 5 1/4" wide x 10 1/2" long. If they are all the same I may order one. Also, has anyone purchased one of these and if so, how well do you like it?

Thanks,

Jerry 1977 280SL (Euro) - now with the top down!!!

·
Registered
1988 560SL 50K
714 Posts
Have a 88 and so can't confirm dimensions yours but the box bottom is 5/ 3/8" x 10 5/8". Might be a tight fit length wise and the box is square (not tapered like the console) so will not be a very good fit. It will look aftermarket.

I have flip up cup holders in that area now but did fit it behind the console and the package tray and looks ok...i'll wait until i take the hardtop off to see if i will keep it there.

Mine is in burlwood and first one i got was chipped but replaced by PP with little hassle. A bit disappointed that the sides of the box are just stained and not glossy like the top and since this does show it looks a bit unfinished. It does look...well....like it is from Taiwan. (or such).

I don't think i would have bought it if i would have seen it first...not at $150 anyway.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1977 280SL Euro
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the help. I think I may just think on this for a while.

Jerry - 280SL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts